Crotched Mountain Loop

Crotched Mountain Loop is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Greenfield, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until October.

Ditto about the ticks! Came up Gregg's & Shannon's Trail, and was going to hike to the summit. When I stopped to tie my shoe, my socks and pants were literally crawling with ticks. I was stopped near a stream crossing which was high and I wasn't sure I wanted to cross anyway, so I aborted the hike.

Nice hike but couldn't continue on because there were so many ticks. Got onto the grassier trail and there were instantly ticks on my shoes.

ive done this loop before and enjoyed it very much. Decided to take my son out for hike and shortly into the walk i found a tick. Ok, there out this happens. Went a little further and found a few more on both of us. Then I happened to look down on some of the grass and could literally see a handful of ticks hanging on the grass. Decided to abort the trip. By the time we got off the trail i had pulled a dozen or so off each of us! The area is infested!. Its unfortunate because I do enjoy this hike but id avoid the area at this time.

Okay, first I must say I loved this hike with my dogs. I did go slightly slower than normal because I was taking pictures and resting the dogs. I took Greg's trail until I realized dogs were not allowed, so I jumped over to Shannon's trail. Then Upper link to Summit West to Lower link. I must say lower link kicked my butt as I thought it would be cake walk and instead it's all uphill! Really fantastic hike.

The only negative aspect of this hike which really only reflects the environment and not the location, was the ticks. Between my two dogs and myself we had over two hundred ticks on us! I'm not exaggerating, it was horrendous and I'm still finding some several hours later. I had three different bug repellent/ spray/oils on but I'm not sure if it made any difference at all.

Nice hike. Great views at top. little miss leading on trek down says trail doesnt go back to recreational area but if you follow map it does.

Take Gregg trail and at the top take a right and follow the ATV trail over the wall to Shannon's trail to upper link trail then Summit west trail to lower link trail you won't be disappointed. Picnic table at the top about a 5 + Mile enjoy.

it was nice , more of a walking path through the woods than a hike though , but as for dog friendly, there are signs everywhere that forbid dogs and horses and bikes , I ignored them and brought the dog , one plus is that the trail is VERY handy cap accessible!

good trail, not very hard just a good day in the woods!

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

I hiked the Gregg trial and it was buggy but so nice and refreshing. The view was amazing and I even saw a deer! Loved this hike

Monday, June 27, 2016

It's close by easy access, dog friendly.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Trails were kinda poorly marked. The map saved me a few times. Easy climb. Decent view at the top

Monday, April 18, 2016

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Nice, easy hike. Trails well marked

Tuesday, December 15, 2015