Crotched Mountain Loop

Crotched Mountain Loop is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Greenfield, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until October.

First of all, there were ABSOLUTELY NO TICKS found on any of the 9 people in my group. 'nuff said.

Trail taken in counter-clockwise manner.
Stayed on Gregg for insurance from ticks.
No signage on from lookout at top off Gregg trail to Shannon trail. Poor signage on Lower Link trail.

2 star ding for poor signage and blazing on Lower Link Trail.

Nice directional views

Great hike! No bugs. After you get through the field, I recommend taking the Lower Link first rather than continue on Shannon Trail. I have bad knees and Lower Link is pretty steep so going down would have been a long, painful trip. It was a workout going up but worth it.

No dogs...screw you NH.

Took Shannon's trail from the Crotched rehab Gregg trail. Did not have a single tick. I know it was a terrible season, but I live close by and the tick population has dropped significantly in recent weeks. Also folks, I see a few people bring their dogs. If you are using the rehab trail, please do not bring your dog. The trails are designed for wheelchair access and the rehab center also brings residents with developmental issues, and a dog can be very frightening, no matter how well behaved. There are lots of access points to Crotched trails, and I would have loved to have brought my dog too, but not on Gregg trail.

Great trail. I was scared to come because everyone was raving about the ticks. I didn't have any issue with ticks, prepare for deep wood bugs(lemon grass oil worked nicely). Great views off Shannon's trial. Get out there, it's lovely and no one is out there! Total serenity.

Ditto about the ticks! Came up Gregg's & Shannon's Trail, and was going to hike to the summit. When I stopped to tie my shoe, my socks and pants were literally crawling with ticks. I was stopped near a stream crossing which was high and I wasn't sure I wanted to cross anyway, so I aborted the hike.