Crawford Notch Trail

Crawford Notch Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Twin Mountain, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We did this hike to see what the Presidential trial is all about. Not too difficult steady climb up to the Mizpah AMC hut where you can get snack (bring cash), instant coffee and refill water. Staff was cleaning down the place to close for the season. From the hut, a short stretch of steep climb to Mt Pierce where we got clear view of Mt Washington. On the way down we met a guy working on water diversion maintenance on the trail. Overall a great hike on an unusually warm fall day.

Very wet even in the fall.

I really enjoyed this trail..everyone was so friendly and there was a cabin at the top of the mountain to rest, eat and also have bathrooms. This took my boyfriend and I 4 1/2 hrs I am sore! It was a little tough but I feel accomplished :)

Hiked into Mizpah Springs Hut via Crawford Connector Trailhead on 8/5/2017. The weather was overcast with light rain as we departed the trailhead before 9 AM and the canopy provided a good deal of protection from the rain which was falling. The trail is well marked and maintained and we made the hut in about 2.5 hours. By lunch time, the weather deteriorated so we hunkered down for a couple hours before going out from the hut to Mount Jackson. Read on!

awesome. Did summit and down to mizpuh. perfect. easy side of moderate.

Highway to the whites! Hiked about five years ago in July. Definitely harder then we thought but our seven year old did it!

Sunday, October 30, 2016

I solo hiked to the aresthusa fall and looped back around the Frankenstein cliffs. It's easy to lose the trail going down the Frankenstein cliff trail. It was a challenging but very rewarding hike!! It seems to be a popular trail so you will certainly run into other hikers.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Great trail. Good physical challenge with lots of climbing. Definitely need to have some climbing/scrambling skills to summit, so probably not really for beginners. Great views from the summit.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

pretty day

Monday, June 13, 2016

I would give this a higher grade if it wasn't so wet. It felt like we were hiking a river bed with lots of running water and slippery rocks. And MUD! Nice Gibbs Falls though!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

This is a beautiful area with great trails. They have alot to offer as in terrane, views, and wildlife. I did find that the trail markers were not the most informative or reliable for other hikers. When I went, there was a fair amount of fellow hikers on these trails and a common theme with all was that they didnt realize how hard the trail was or how long it really took to complete. I feel that if the park placed a little bit more info along the trailheads and parking lots, the average/amature hiker would be more informed. But other than that, its Beautiful!

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

The greatest hike of my life thus far.

recorded Track - Dec 09, 08:24 AM