Crawford Notch Trail

Crawford Notch Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Twin Mountain, New Hampshire that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Highway to the whites! Hiked about five years ago in July. Definitely harder then we thought but our seven year old did it!

I solo hiked to the aresthusa fall and looped back around the Frankenstein cliffs. It's easy to lose the trail going down the Frankenstein cliff trail. It was a challenging but very rewarding hike!! It seems to be a popular trail so you will certainly run into other hikers.

Great trail. Good physical challenge with lots of climbing. Definitely need to have some climbing/scrambling skills to summit, so probably not really for beginners. Great views from the summit.

pretty day

Monday, June 13, 2016

I would give this a higher grade if it wasn't so wet. It felt like we were hiking a river bed with lots of running water and slippery rocks. And MUD! Nice Gibbs Falls though!

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

This is a beautiful area with great trails. They have alot to offer as in terrane, views, and wildlife. I did find that the trail markers were not the most informative or reliable for other hikers. When I went, there was a fair amount of fellow hikers on these trails and a common theme with all was that they didnt realize how hard the trail was or how long it really took to complete. I feel that if the park placed a little bit more info along the trailheads and parking lots, the average/amature hiker would be more informed. But other than that, its Beautiful!

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

The greatest hike of my life thus far.