Chesterfield Gorge State Wayside Trail

Chesterfield Gorge State Wayside Trail is a 0.6 mile loop trail located near Keene, New Hampshire and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love it! Great place...

Small Place but really nice. It was actually a little bigger than I expected. You can stop at the top and look or you can hike a bit further down and there are a couple bridges to crossover the further down you go.

Short little hike by the falls. Nothing extravagant but a nice little pit stop!

great short walk, well marked and super kid friendly.

Great little pit stop to break up a drive. Short loop hike right off rte#9 with a small rest area and parking lot

I have done this walk many times. Refreshing on a hot day, wonderfully cool down in the gorge. I would not call it easy though. Going down is easy, coming up, not so much. It takes some work if you are out of shape or older. Do it anyway, but take water and take your time climbing back up.

This was the perfect way to stretch our legs while traveling home to Upstate NY from Laconia, NH (and there were a lot of picnic tables to use for our lunch break, too). The trail was well marked, and the gorge is beautiful. It's pretty steep in some places, but absolutely not a problem given the length of the trail. . . that's why I've recorded it as a "Nature Trip" vs. hiking (I don't think it truly qualifies for the latter).

Monday, July 31, 2017

Well maintained trails. Very relaxing and peaceful hike with my kids.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Nice quick hike, great for families, beautiful gorge. Add to your itinerary if you're in the area!

Monday, May 29, 2017

loved it

Friday, August 19, 2016

Very short but beautiful hike! When we went the water was barely at a trickle through the gorge, but it was still a wonder to see. This hike is so quick and very family-friendly, however, the uphill trek back could be difficult for some.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Awesome

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Great spur of the moment hike! Peaceful trail well marked and groomed. Downhill most of the way, so uphill on the way back pretty waterfalls along the way very scenic and it was a loop. It was a rainy day but in the thick woods it was still very pretty the moss even stood out more.

Monday, October 05, 2015

It is beautiful! It is a easy hike and the Gorge, river and cascades are beautiful!

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I enjoy this hike especially when I am short on time. Beautiful views and very peaceful. Family friendly hike that is very easy

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Very nice, very short little hike with some great views to take in. Also, the park was just recently re-opened along with the visitors center. The town and parks department are working to better maintain this park.

Monday, September 08, 2014

This is a very short but beautiful hike. We went after a rain fall and the falls were running very nice. I like that they have some benches along the trail to take in the sights and sounds. Very easy hike even with kids.

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

The address for this trailhead is off. The trailhead is actually right on Rt 9 between Keene and Brattleboro. It almost looks like a rest stop from the road.

I took my small dog with me to do this loop. It was very quick and had beautiful views of the gorge for the entire descent. We were also able to get in the water and cool off by the bridge at the bottom of the loop. The only drawback was that we had to walk back up (a moderate incline) in 90-degree weather.

I loved it and would recommend it!

Saturday, September 16, 2017