Champney Falls Trail

Champney Falls Trail is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Conway, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Conway, NH: Travel 11.5 miles west on Kancamagus Highway (SR 112) to a parking area. Trail begins there.

it is a little muddy but good hike. we went about 9am and was buggy but not super buggy. if not a hiker like us will take a while, but what's the rush.

Great hike, rocky in places and muddy. Make sure to wear hiking boots. Did this hike early evening. Bug spray is a must. Nice hike to work up an appetite

Really nice trail with lots of little swimming holes and waterfalls. A little muddy in spots. There are a few streams and simple obstacles to cross but a pretty easy hike for couch potatoes. This is a popular trail and the parking lot fills up.

Bring a pencil and $5 cash for the parking fee. Don’t forget bug spray!

Great day on the trail, all alone 34* F sunny/lite wind. Trail was well packed.

Great day! Snow shoed in and watched ice climbers. Everyone there had a great day. Jan. 28th felt like a spring day!

great winter hike. plowed parking lot. packed trail so micro spikes were fine. nice gradual climb. this time of year I would suggest taking the spur to the falls on the way up. the steps near the falls are really icy. much easier climbing up than down. great day about 90 minutes round trip

Great trail, the snow had been packed down by the recent rain and freeze, and we were able to hike it without any trouble. The falls are stunning this time of year! I’ll be returning the next time we have some snowfall to experience the snow covered trees. I’d highly recommend this trail. Short but beautiful!

I did this trail in early November and I wasn't expecting much in terms of scenery but BOY was I wrong. The waterfall is beautiful and seems to just keep going and going as you climb from its base to the top. Highly recommend this hike. Note: It was muddy in places at that time of year and the blazes are a little more spread apart than usual. Almost got lost but remembering what you saw on the way to the falls helps a lot on the way back.

Lovely for an early winter hike. Not too steep so the iciness was manageable although crampons probably would have been safer

beautiful trail in October 2917. good first day, warm up trail.

nice falls, not that many views, overall nice afternoon hike.

Will have to pay for a park pass (display in window) $5. Dogs allowed. We kept our two on leashes but a few were off leash. Waterfall didn't have much water running down it, but the trees were all turning colors (Beginning of October) which made for a beautiful moderate hike. We decided to continue to the top of Mt chocorua (another 2.1 miles-for more EXPERIENCED hikers- very steep and rocky all the way to the top) for a BREATHTAKING view.

Best in May/June.

I loved it! The easy one, just be careful on the top, it was very slippery because of wet leaves.

relaxing hike... when you get to the top of the falls, look up and will see an awesome peak in the distance on a clear day

Well marked. Beautiful falls. Very kid friendly! Our dog had a blast swimming around!

Great trail, moderate. Half way through, it started to rain so walk back was slippery at times. Most of the time, the elevation is gradual but gets steep around the waterfalls. Loop at top. Around 4 miles, plenty of places to sit and eat or meditate near the falls. Loved the sound effects of running water throughout the hike.

Our new favorite trail with two water falls and a view at the end. It is not steep at all until the very end and even then you could skip the steepest part and not go to the top of the falls - although I highly recommend checking out the two waterfalls and then the view from the top of them. You can see for miles if it's clear. The trail has a lot of rocks and roots and a couple stream crossings - on of which is pretty wide. This trail was easy for my kids (the youngest of which is 7). It's a good length too as it's not too long for kids. Great hike

Amazing waterfalls!!! Interesting terrain it was slippery at times but it was very worth it. We brought our kids 9 and 12 and they loved it. Very family and dog friendly!

BEAUTIFUL! There wasn't a "fall" but definitely enjoyed the rocks and view. It was my best friend's first time hiking and she nailed it. Try to get there early to avoid the hike without the crowd. We arrived around 11am yesterday and on our way down the traffic kept coming up. Going to try the Champney Brook Trail to Mount Chocorua next!

Wear comfortable sneakers with tracking because if not, you'll feel every bump and your feet will hate you!

One of my favorite hikes. Very beautiful scenery, trail is clear, and the different spots with the water is really really cool. When I went, we checked out the water in a few different spots by going off the trail and finding some really cool little pools of water. There isn't a ton of water coming down, but the way the rocks are makes it seem like a decent amount.

Great hike! Good workout for the thighs and glutes lol first time doing a hike and it was so satisfying reaching the top. Hike was great. View was amazing! only reason I rated it 4 stars was due to the trail straight forward and straight back. it was boring going back, because you've seen it. "Been there, done that."

It's one of my top 5 mountain hikes

Left seacoast early on the mornin of the 26th Started on the trail around 630 am Was back at car by 9 ... first hike in a few years companion has asthma so couldn't rush Was a very enjoyable mornin a couple of others beat us to the trail. all we past were friendly enough to say " mornin" and keep on trucking can't wait for next hike any suggestions ? Interest r mostly scenery and wild life thanks 4 reading

Made for a great winter hike in March '17. Stopped to watch ice climbers on the falls, along my way to the peak.

Beautiful hike!!! We were here mid August and all wildflowers were bloomed out but scenery along the creek were outstanding! Awesome white birches everywhere. Falls area was Zen-like. Many little areas where you could sit and soak up the spirit of the woods. Hike to the very top of the falls for great view of Mtn valley! Highly recommended hike!!!!!!!

Went with my boyfriend yesterday morning. Beautiful waterfalls and views! 10/10 would recommend for a moderate level hike.

Very easy hike. We opted out of the full mountain because our hiking boots were wet and t was no problem. So beautiful!

We love this hike in the winter. Usually there is someone ice climbing on the falls in the gorge/flume area. We hiked to the falls this morning tonsee what they looked like in the summer. Since we had more than 2 inches of rain last weekend, they were running pretty good. Since we were the only ones there, my husband hung his hammock and we just sat and listened to the falls.

Nice, easy-moderate out-and-back hike that only takes about ~1.5hr to complete. Trail is well-marked and maintained; a good portion of it follows a creek, which provides some good views along the way. When I went a few days ago, the falls were pretty dried up- but I can imagine them being incredible after some rain (really interesting stone formations). Can imagine this being a good family hike. As with anything involving waterfalls, use common sense and you'll be safe!