Champney Falls Trail

Champney Falls Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Conway, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Conway, NH: Travel 11.5 miles west on Kancamagus Highway (SR 112) to a parking area. Trail begins there.

Best in May/June.

I loved it! The easy one, just be careful on the top, it was very slippery because of wet leaves.

relaxing hike... when you get to the top of the falls, look up and will see an awesome peak in the distance on a clear day

Well marked. Beautiful falls. Very kid friendly! Our dog had a blast swimming around!

Great trail, moderate. Half way through, it started to rain so walk back was slippery at times. Most of the time, the elevation is gradual but gets steep around the waterfalls. Loop at top. Around 4 miles, plenty of places to sit and eat or meditate near the falls. Loved the sound effects of running water throughout the hike.

Our new favorite trail with two water falls and a view at the end. It is not steep at all until the very end and even then you could skip the steepest part and not go to the top of the falls - although I highly recommend checking out the two waterfalls and then the view from the top of them. You can see for miles if it's clear. The trail has a lot of rocks and roots and a couple stream crossings - on of which is pretty wide. This trail was easy for my kids (the youngest of which is 7). It's a good length too as it's not too long for kids. Great hike

Amazing waterfalls!!! Interesting terrain it was slippery at times but it was very worth it. We brought our kids 9 and 12 and they loved it. Very family and dog friendly!

BEAUTIFUL! There wasn't a "fall" but definitely enjoyed the rocks and view. It was my best friend's first time hiking and she nailed it. Try to get there early to avoid the hike without the crowd. We arrived around 11am yesterday and on our way down the traffic kept coming up. Going to try the Champney Brook Trail to Mount Chocorua next!

Wear comfortable sneakers with tracking because if not, you'll feel every bump and your feet will hate you!

One of my favorite hikes. Very beautiful scenery, trail is clear, and the different spots with the water is really really cool. When I went, we checked out the water in a few different spots by going off the trail and finding some really cool little pools of water. There isn't a ton of water coming down, but the way the rocks are makes it seem like a decent amount.

Great hike! Good workout for the thighs and glutes lol first time doing a hike and it was so satisfying reaching the top. Hike was great. View was amazing! only reason I rated it 4 stars was due to the trail straight forward and straight back. it was boring going back, because you've seen it. "Been there, done that."

It's one of my top 5 mountain hikes

Left seacoast early on the mornin of the 26th Started on the trail around 630 am Was back at car by 9 ... first hike in a few years companion has asthma so couldn't rush Was a very enjoyable mornin a couple of others beat us to the trail. all we past were friendly enough to say " mornin" and keep on trucking can't wait for next hike any suggestions ? Interest r mostly scenery and wild life thanks 4 reading