Champney Brook Trail to Mount Chocorua

Champney Brook Trail to Mount Chocorua is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Conway, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Long cascading waterfall with many small pools - best in spring and early summer. Easy trail ascend through hardwoods and along brook. You will have some small steep sections but overall this trail is easy - an excellent hike with kids and dogs. The waterfall is very beautiful but is best seen in the spring and early summer when the water is running best. It tends to dry up in the late summer and fall. This might be a good winter hike.

I felt like it was a little more than moderate but I made it to the top! Overall I did 9 miles and the view at the top is 100% worth the pain.

Apple Watch 8.5 in and out. Very dry and unseasonably warm October day, slightly hazy. An absolute favorite hike, reasonable steepness on ascent, some wet places. Use careful footing on descent. Trail on top not well marked, move carefully on ledges. Astounding views. Can’t wait to go back.

This trail is a steady hike at a great pace and the views are stunning! Love this trail, did it with my dad no problem.

gradual grade, lots of rocks and roots for sure footing. Bangin waterfall section midway, perfect spot for a picnic.

Great hike, definitely challenging. There's the waterfall on the way up, but very little else in terms of views. The view from the top is gorgeous and worth the effort.

This is a relaxing-moderate hiking shaded trail - good for when you need some quiet time and awesome views. It's got moderate traffic, and you have to be a little careful climbing up a few big rocks to get to the top. The trail markings are high up on tree trunks, in case you get lost. At some point the trail splits into two - one side passes by the waterfall and the other doesn't - so don't freak out if you find yourself not seeing the waterfalls on your way back :)

great hike

Some day we'll make it to the top

Super trail. Waterfalls were beautiful even though hardly any water and peak was glorious. Very good hike!

Loved the hike. Great staircases. Good waterfalls. And an incredible view from the top.

This hike has excellent views and is perfect for little ones too! I started my hike at around 6 AM and made it to the summit at around 8:45 with breaks in between. The first 1.7 miles is fairly easy and with little altitude gain, but once you reach the sign pointing to the Mt. Chocorua trail is stays at a steady 45 degree incline for at least a mile and a half. There are some long rocky patches so make sure you have the proper footwear. I would rate this trail as moderate but go at an even pace and bring plenty of water! The summit also features blueberries during late July and early August!

I did this one with a friend back in March, there was still plenty of hardpack snow and ice so spikes were a must. I'm not in the greatest shape so I'd definitely call it strenuous if you also meet that description. Temps at the trailhead were around 0F, wind chills at the summit were in the -30F range. It was very worth it, though! There was still a lot of hard ice on the summit, plus the wind had to be hitting 40mph. I made the mistake of wearing Sorels, which are great for keeping my feet warm but aren't the best boots for boulder scrambling, so I stopped about 100 vertical feet from the summit because I couldn't keep my footing. It's a long way down!

It took us about 5 hours in all, and we saw maybe 6-8 people on the trail. I'm definitely doing it again, as well as Piper Trail that doesn't seem to be on Alltrails.

Great day hike! Did this trail for the first time, and the first time in many years up Chocorua. Definitely a longer trek then other trails I've gone on before. Even still the views were fantastic once you break through the tree line. Would definitely do it again!

Beautiful view

Moderate hike but steep at end. Great to stop at falls. Very buggy and rocks on trail before tree line were wet and slippery. Would do it again.

This trail was one of my favorites in Mew Hampshire. The waterfalls about a mile and a half up were gorgeous and there's a giant flat rock that you can sit/lay on and enjoy the view. We went right after 4 days of rain so the trail was a bit wet and muddy but the waterfall was roaring. The top was an awesome view! The last part was kind of more like rock climbing to get to the summit but worth it for the view. Definitely would do it again!

Great trail for a shorter day hike! Trail is well marked and offers amazing views at the summit on a clear day. I would rate this more as a lower grade of "strenuous" if you're not accustomed to longer uphill hikes; if you are, then moderate is appropriate. Trail gets to be a lot of fun before the summit - you'll be climbing over and around some rocks.

Bring water, snacks, and bugspray - as the flies and mosquitos were definitely out.