Cathedral Ledge via Bryce Path Trail

Cathedral Ledge via Bryce Path Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bartlett, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

You can also walk down the paved road from the overlook if you'd like.

Not super well marked, but a beautiful view from the top! Watched a snowstorm move over the town from the overlook.

I loved this hike. It’s right behind the house that I’m renting for the winter. We went up to the house for the first time last weekend and I was exploring the trails back there with my dog. When I saw the Bryce Path Trail I decided to check it out. It was not very dog friendly in my opinion. That might have something to do with the We weather we recently had but still seemed a little steep for most dogs to enjoy. Other than that it is an amazing hike. If you live or are staying near by, or just up there looking for a short but fun hike I’d definitely suggest taking a look. I just wouldn’t recommend bringing a dog.

We did a variant that joined the Bryce Path. We started from the NW shore of Echo Lake on the yellow trail which has a sign indicating "To Bryce Path". Took us about one hour to the top and back, plus viewing time at the top. A bit disappointing to find all the cars parked at the top if you're not expecting it. Excellent views. Much of this hike is flat and wide with two relatively, short but steep rises. This route apparently misses the waterfall.

Bryce Path is not a loop. It is a 1.2 mile hike from Echo Lake to the top of Cathedral Ledge with some of the best views anywhere. From Cathedral you can see Mt. Washington Valley below you. The hike down is the same route as going up. It looks like somebody posted this as a "loop" and did so using the Cathedral Ledge Auto Road. The road is not part of this hike. It is mostly flat around the Echo Lake Trail and from the intersection of that trail to Bryce Link. From Bryce Link to the top it becomes steeper with two rather steep areas. The surface is hard packed dirt with, for the most part, stable rocks and an assortment of tree roots. Great short hike and the views are worth it! You can also access Bryce Path from Bryce Link off of Cathedral Ledge Rd. Look for the first kiosk on the left side of Cathedral Ledge Rd. and follow Bryce Link to Bryce Path and take a right. The trail is marked with signs and yellow paint markings on rocks and trees. Five stars for the hike and the views from the top.

Very great trail for a leisurely hike or connecting to more serious ones.

Beautiful hike. Two steep inclines. First one is hard/moderate. Second one is moderate. Nice view at the top. About an hour up. Took paved road down. Didn't bump into one person on the path on a Wednesday afternoon. Took my 12 year old son.

This was for sure more hard that I anticipated. Took about an hour up. Took multiple breaks but the views were worth it.

Half of this route is on a paved road - I would avoid this unless you love pavement.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Idk where these directions from the app lead us, but it was a lookout area, very little actual hiking involved, maybe we missed a turn off...maybe there was road walking involved...but basically we drive to the top, where it was PACKED and walked around a bit, at one area that was fenced 2 people smoking cigarettes...it was packed....we spent the next hour driving around trying to find an actual hike to take :/

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Very similar to the Indian Head hike. Moderate with 2 very steep parts! One in the middle and one to the end. Beautiful views at the top. Took about an hour up and an hour down.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

I found this trail well marked and maintained. I absolutely loved it. I loved the rocky climb up to the ladder. I absolutely felt that you were stepping into wonderland. For someone who just wants a quick hike and would like to appreciate the outdoors this is perfect....

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Caution- this is NOT a true loop trail. More than a mile of this trail that was mapped uses the paved road back to the top of the Cathedral Ledge parking lot. Luckily we were able to find a mountain biking trail that led to the top to avoid walking the road, but it was not marked. Bryce Path is a great option to take to Whitehorse Ledge, but it is definitely not a loop!

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Fun

Friday, April 22, 2016

nice

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Drove up to the top of Cathedral Ledge because I missed the correct parking lot. Started out on Bryce Path but switched to the Whitehorse Ledge loop then cut back to Bryce Path again to head back up to the Ledge. Nice well marked trail with a few really steep parts. I don't recommend hiking it this time of year. Too many leaves on the ground covering loose rocks. I kept slipping and sliding, surprised I didn't seriously injure something. Would be a great hike for the spring / summer.

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Nice hike, it is not difficult, heck, you can drive 1/2 way if you wanted! Kids enjoyed, nice view.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Amazing hike, not a difficult path..

Sunday, April 27, 2014

We did it with a 4 years old (waking by herself) and a 2 years old in a backpack.
It was hard, and we were very surprised that she was able to do it by herself.
The view on the top is incredible. Really.
I suggest to start from the bottom and come back by feet on the road.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Has some steep parts up to Cathederal Ledge but it was relatively easy and took less than an hour. There is also a paved road to the top which is a very simple way up or Dow.

Thursday, September 21, 2017