Learn more

Cascade Path, Upper Snows Mountain and Beanbender Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(130)
White Mountain National Forest

Cascade Path, Upper Snows Mountain and Beanbender Loop is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Waterville Valley, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.1 miles Elevation Gain: 643 feet Route Type: Loop

Did this hike today and enjoyed it! Because of recent rain, there were several muddy patches and small creeks that had water covering our boots. One spot in particular had higher water (above ankle height) that once crossed, included a rock “staircase” that was quite slippery. Overall, great moderate hike with a beautiful waterfall view!

My husband and I weren’t sure we should try this as many of the NH ski slopes have snow on them and it has been unseasonably cold this past month so we were worried it would be muddy but NO MUD at all! We had the most spectacular day! What an incredible hiking experience. Just enough exercise for me with some of the most breathtaking waterfalls we have ever seen. A wonderful surprise! Got confused about how to get down so we came back down the way we went up. When you get to the top you can cross a bridge and hike down the other side of the falls that offer lots of nice flat rocks to sit on to relax but the trail on the other side isn’t really a trail and it does come to an end. Nice swimming holes and peacefulness to soothe the soul. Stopped at the Waterville Valley Golf Club for outdoor music, appetizers, drinks and live music afterwards overlooking Mt Osceola. Heavenly day.

6 inches dry snow on ground; slippery. Clearly marked by dashes/footprints.

icy

icy

Great hike. Microspikes needed

Great trail! first part has a little bit more technical hiking through the rocks, but once you get to the creek and the series of waterfalls, it was well worth it! i would have liked a better trail at the end other than going down a ski run, but overall, it was a very enjoyable hike.

Cascades view totally worth the initial climb. Made the loop clockwise and the return way was pretty boring in a disc golf field. I suggest to take it counter clockwise.

this was very good Hike with so many waterfalls I enjoyed it it's really good everyone should try I saw kids between ages from 5 to9 years they were easily doing this. Aeesome place I will definitely come back again thank you.

it was a nice trail with multiple waterfalls we had great time

Lovely trail overall but given that we hiked 1.5 miles along cascade trail before turning back we would have loved a little more time along the stream. But perfect start to our hiking weekend with our two young girls, my 70 year old mom and the rest of our family. As previously mentioned, the start is a bit steep but then very moderate after.

Great trail. One of my favorites! Bring a bathing suit and water shoes. 6 waterfalls on the way. You also have an option to see one more on the left side of the trail by the wooden bridge. We stopped and swam at all 6 falls. When we got to the top instead of taking the loop around we chose to go back the way we came. The loop look like it was just a road. We chose to stay in the woods. The beginning was very steep. But once you make it to the woods you walk on a very well kept trail. We brought 6 kids with us. We had a wonderful time!

I’ve probably done this 20 times, in summer, fall, and winter. It’s an easy moderate hike — I say that because it fluctuates between uphill, flats, and downhills, and offers plenty of beautiful stopping spots by waterfalls and swimming holes. Trail always seems to be well maintained and well traveled. Kids love it.

Awesome trail! Pretty waterfalls, uphill is tough at the beginning but it’s great.

Mon Jul 01 2019

waterfall after waterfall. amazing.

Spikes & poles still needed. Waterfall super epic right now!

Mon Oct 08 2018

I would call this more easy than moderate beautiful waterfalls.

Fri Sep 14 2018

The beginning is steep, but the majority of the trail is not too difficult. Waterfalls at the end are great.

Tue Sep 04 2018

One of the pretty trails in the area. We stayed at Waterville valley resorts which has so many trails for biking and hiking. It took us around 3 hours to complete the whole loop as we were a party of 5 and stopped in the middle for pictures and little sight seeing

Thu Aug 30 2018

Very beautiful forests and waterfalls. Bean bender is a little steep, but manageable.

Sun Jul 08 2018