Bridal Veil Falls Trail

Bridal Veil Falls Trail is a 4.4 mile out and back trail located near Franconia, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My annual Bridal Veil Falls hike! Every winter I make this enjoyable hike and this year did not disappoint. Not too strenuous of a hike, if you're in decent shape, and spent some time at the frozen falls poking around exploring. There were a couple of ice caves that I was able to stick my head in to grab some pictures. In one of them was a frozen ice column that was so smooth/clear it looked like glass! Mother Nature at her finest. Wore microspikes and made things much easier however you could probably manage without them.

Amazing out and back following the water. A favorite annually

A fun trail plus a waterfall.

Great hike but trail poorly marked in some areas. Especially at the top after you pass the Coppermine shelter

A fun challenge. Very rocky terrain. Huge reward when you get to the falls. Great place to soak your feet after the climb up.

Great hike with kids.

The waterfall is absolutely breathtaking.

Very nice, my grandson, my dog and I all went up on Sunday. was not a bad walk at all

Nice hike to do with the family. Heavily wooded so there is no view but the waterfall at the top is spectacular. I would give this hike an easy rating compared to some others this app lists as moderate.

A rather quick hike but the end result is worth it. bring lunch! lts a great for dogs and a great easy to moderate hike.

Beautiful trail and perfect timing for the falls!!

Such a beautiful trail! Didnt have the time to go all the way to the end, but definitely will another time!

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Beautiful hike with a moderate slope. The falls at the top is spectacular. Did the hike with our two sons, 7 and 11 years old and it was perfect for the little one. Be sure to wear hiking boots as it was quite muddy. Also if you have spikes there is still snow at the top.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

great hike

Monday, November 28, 2016

it was pretty basic, mostly just a walk in the forest alongside a river towards the middle

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Accurately described as moderate. Beautiful leaves along the trail. Additional helpful info: trail is also called Coppermine Trail. You park your car at the beginning of Coppermine Road, then walk up the residential road until there is a hiking sign and the trail is on the left.

Friday, July 15, 2016

This trail was great, there were several spots when it went along the river with lots of great stopping points. The falls are gorgeous and well worth the hike!

The only negative is that you have to walk along a road for the start of the hike.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Really nice walk in the woods. The falls at the end of the trail make the short distance well worth it.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Great summer evening hike up to the falls and back. Love hearing the brook all the way up.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Nice hike along a babbling river. Water was low when we went.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

parking at coppermine trailhead. first signage for bridal veil probably between 1/3 and 1/2 way point. beautiful waterfall after a reasonable hike. some steeper and Slippery bits.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

This was a fantastic lower moderate hike with the perk of running water and scenic treats all the way to the finale of the beautiful Bridal Veil Fall
The short bit of tricky bolder maneuvering at the top to reach the final shelf for best view of the falls might be a bit difficult for lesser agile people.
But the view from down below is a sight to behold if you can't make it to the pinnacle.
This is a fantastic hike for the whole family! Bring your swim suites and a towel!

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

nice hike very scenic

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Really easy and many places to check out. We went in April and put our feet in the water.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Nice day hike with great weather. We parked on Coppermine Road next to the trailhead sign. We had a bit of a road walk down a private road before we got on trail. Trail was wide and well maintained. Parts of the trail were muddy and rocky and a few creek crossings but I would consider it kid and dog friendly. Some icy patches at the top. It would have been nice to have a trekking pole but if you go slow enough, it shouldn't be an issue. I would bet the ice is fully melted in the next week or so. Shelter and the falls were both beautiful. I'd like to go back in summer and dip my toes in the water.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Nice winter hike along stream with beautiful frozen ice. Water was very high day we went, we were unable to cross stream at shelter (along with several other disappointed hikers). Wasn't worth the risk of falling in ice cold water. Was not difficult. Brought micro spikes but didn't need to wear. Hiking poles a must to navigate.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

This was a great hike. I took my dad with me on this hike. Some really nice areas with waterfalls, camp sites, etc. My dad and I ended up sliding down the slick rock area of the falls and then we saw some kids and dogs doing the same afterwards. Definitely a beautiful and fun waterfall to go to

Monday, December 21, 2015

Pleasant trail leading to a very pretty waterfall complete with a mystery plaque on a boulder thought to have been placed by Bette Davis along the way.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Loved it so much I wanted to camp out here, there are some sites along the river. It's longer but easy so it's mostly walking. I took my dog and cat and they loved it too.