Boulder Loop Trail

Boulder Loop Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Conway, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.8 miles Elevation Gain: 912 feet Route Type: Loop

rock climbing

There is a fee to park.

Lots of ice

Really pretty views at the top! It was really quiet and not crowded at all when I went. I saw a black bear...which was a little uneasy for me even though it was just as scared of me. So maybe hike with someone just to be safe.

Hiked today just before dark, overall night hike. Lots of cool rock formations and view. One place where a large tree has fallen. Got slightly off the trail a few times so be careful you're paying attention!

2.5 hour return while taking our time. last week of October and still beautiful. awesome views.

Great, short hike with beautiful views across several ledges. The chipmunks are doing well this year - they were everywhere, even up in the trees! :) My pup loved this walk. Highly recommend to those who are new to hiking and/or who have young children. We went clockwise, which gave us a more gradual descent in somewhat slippery conditions.

I went counter clockwise. It was rocky but good for hike up to the top, not to slippery. I lost a couple times because of a lot of leaves cover the trail even the trail is well marked. View from the top was beautiful. I should come a week before.

Very beautiful in fall

It’s good for a beginner for hiking and there is a fantastic top view. It requires leg strength. I went though this trail myself and took about 2hours including a sitting at top for 15min. Nice relaxing hiking.

Ausgezeichnet. Wer sich früh auf den Weg macht, wird mit Morgensicht belohnt. Bei Sonnenschein eine grandiose Sicht im Indianer Summer.

great hike with beautiful views. took my 6 and 9 year old. they were tired by the end of it but made it the whole way.

Excellent views. Lower end of Moderate Difficulty for this 50-something couple. Definitely worth the exercise. We hiked up clockwise and did the steep portion first. Highly recommended.

This was a fun, well-maintained trail! Went up counter-clockwise to avoid the steep incline I’d read in other reviews. There are some steep areas with rock stairways. (Next time I’ll bring my hiking poles.) Beautiful views from the top! Total time was about 2 1/2 hours including rests and about 20 minutes chilling out at the top.

a good moderate. we went clockwise and were happy to put in more effort at the start.

Easier moderate hike, but with a great opportunity to check fall foliage in the valley.

Enjoyable trail. Decided to go clockwise which was definitely a bit more cardio intensive given the incline. Counter clockwise would be recommended if you want a more gradual incline. Took about 3 hours but that was with a generous 30-45 min break at the viewpoint to eat a few snacks, relax and take in the beautiful scenery.

This was a great hike. Took us about 2 1/2 hours to complete. We did have to cross over two small brooks one by hoping in rocks the other by crossing on a log. We went up to the right and was totally a good suggestion from previous hikers. The way down was a bit steep in spots so it was nice to have the as the descend instead of the climb. We took two dogs with us and they loved it. Very peaceful hike in the woods. Would totally do this again.

Great hike. Good view. Went end of August. Will go again when the leaves change.

A good short hike, beautiful views at the top. We first stopped to sit right when we got to the top and the view was good, but we then walked to the other side of the summit and views were much more open and impressive! Saw a few hawks. Highly recommend dipping in the gorgeous lower falls pools right down the road from the trailhead afterwards!!

Great hike! I’m not in the best shape and my husband and I did this while I was 3mo pregnant with an arthritic dog. Took us about 3 hours at leisurely pace. The view from the top was phenomenal. I’d call it steep at times and not the best footing available in some parts. Walking stick recommended if you are unsure on your feet.

very well marked trails and breathtaking views!

Trail was very rocky but once I made a bunch of stops I was able to get to the top.

Great views! With a couple of breaks took 90 minutes. Good hike to do when you don’t have to much time to spare. Not sure I’d do it again though.

Great hike today. Did it clockwise. Very dry trail. Minimal other hikers. Lots of burnt trees in ground....not sure what that is about.

Simply lovely trail! My family and I went counter clockwise so it was steeper in the way up and more gradual down. It was me (28 weeks pregnant), my husband and, our 5 year old, almost 3 year old and 70 year old mom. We’re experienced hikers and all loved it and took about 3.5 hours. Love the views from the ledge!

Great hike! did it with my parents and my extremely rambunctious puppy. I would say that the trail is closer to 3.2-3.5 mi after recording myself do it. Easy to moderate trail, def wear closed toe shoes - lots of rocky sections.

Nice moderate hike. Not easy but certainly not hard. You have to work for it a bit. Be sure to look for sign at top for overview of valley. Easy to miss. Recommend you do it clockwise. Boldest are impressive.

recorded Boulder Loop Trail

First hike in awhile for my husband and I, went counter clockwise as suggested, loved the boulder fields and caves, trail was very well marked and views from the top spectacular! Next time we will go clockwise to see the other “interest spots” as noted on the pamphlet provided by the US Forest Service.