Boulder Loop Trail

Boulder Loop Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Conway, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Nice trail for kids and beginning to moderate hikers. Stay left which us steeper but easier footing - come back clockwise in less steep by more rocky trail.
Nice views and dog friendly with swimming hole near parking.

Did the trail July 16th. We were surprised that the bugs were nonexistent. Did the trail counter clockwise which we thought was the easiest. The payoff is great for the effort only about 1000 ft of elevation. Would do this hike again.

Great views at the top. We did the trail clockwise, and I would recommend it. Not an easy hike (‘moderate’ seems more appropriate)

This is a nice, family friendly hike that is not too difficult with nice, if not spectacular views from the ledges. The trail itself is interesting for the large boulders strewn about and some old growth pine and hardwoods. We did the loop clockwise, and I recommend that.

Gorgeous at top - 2 beautiful ledges. Not difficult but perfect if you are not a hard core hiker.

Great hike with amazing views.

Great trail with nice views at the top!

absolutely beautiful, i love this trail

breathtaking summit

many of the blazes are faded. but this was a fun quick hike. 1.5 hours including some time at the top to look around.

Great little hike. The views were awesome.

Took my 9 yr old daughter, she had to stop a few times, but overall a very good and easy hike, great views towards the top, had lunch on the cliffs and back down to play in the river and cool down after, couldn't have asked for a better day. 70's, sunny and no humidity.

We did this trail the other day counter clockwise and it was a wonderfully breezy day so fewer bugs than usual this time of year. Great views from the top!

Lovely hike with friends, went up clockwise and had a snack on the top boulders. Lots of interesting geology and biology to ponder over. Hermit thrush sung to us at the top.

Pretty easy hike with rewarding views

Great views at the top, make sure to take the extra 0.2 miles to the cliffs, definitely worth it. Not a beginner trail because it does get steep but it's a great short hike and not too crowded.

Great views for a short hike.

Great hike still icy on top, views are really sweat.

Nice loop, great views.

one of my new favorites! this view is probably one of the best for the shorter moderate hikes in the area. my phone clocked in 3 miles for the whole loop. we went up counter and hiked back down clockwise. it is doable for even a beginner in my opinion as it only gets steep for a short time right before you reach the summit. hiking up was a little muddy but hiking down there were lots of icy spots - was thankful I packed crampons because I needed them - very slippery. can’t wait to hike this in the warmer weather! great trail for dogs - our pup loved it. would highly recommend this trail! A+

love love love. beautiful winter hike

In my opinion, this hike is overrated. The ledges are surrounded by mountains that are much higher, so the view–which is the hike’s main attraction–is not that great.

A bit harder than the easy rating we got from the visitor center. We had some little guys and it got steep in some areas but was smooth with some great views at the top. Do it!

Hiked this yesterday. Heavy packed snow and thick ice throughout trail. Micro spikes a must and poles recommend! Lots of fun and beautiful in the winter. Take your time and enjoy. Ascent counter clockwise, descent clock wise.

Nice short moderate round trip hike. Regulars debated whether clockwise or counterclockwise is easier on the knees. I went counter and found walking up the rock steps possibly easier on my knees than walking the other direction. The 14 or so numbered nature posts might be easier to spot going clockwise, however. At about the halfway point is a short trail to an amazing west and south facing lookout. For more solitude go to the end of the lookout. Great lunch stop. At the end of the hike, next to the covered bridge you can dip into the shallow river to cool off on hot days.

lovely easy trail to do with your best dog!

lovely hike. give yourself 2.5hrs. lovely view at the top. it was lovely at sunset but bear in mind it gets dark quickly in the woods so don't leave it late getting down. even with a torch the trail is hard to see. If you go anti-clockwise there is another Vista part way down that offers great views an your left. I think sunrise would be a good time to go but anytime really.

Nice hike. Took us a long time to get to the top as I have two bad wheels and had to stop to rest the screaming knees but it was worth it. Wonderful view from top. Make sure you go to the end of the little trail at the top to get the best view.

Foliage at peak Saturday! Beautiful hike! Full of color