Boulder Loop Trail

Boulder Loop Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Conway, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Great views at the top, make sure to take the extra 0.2 miles to the cliffs, definitely worth it. Not a beginner trail because it does get steep but it's a great short hike and not too crowded.

Great views for a short hike.

Great hike still icy on top, views are really sweat.

Nice loop, great views.

one of my new favorites! this view is probably one of the best for the shorter moderate hikes in the area. my phone clocked in 3 miles for the whole loop. we went up counter and hiked back down clockwise. it is doable for even a beginner in my opinion as it only gets steep for a short time right before you reach the summit. hiking up was a little muddy but hiking down there were lots of icy spots - was thankful I packed crampons because I needed them - very slippery. can’t wait to hike this in the warmer weather! great trail for dogs - our pup loved it. would highly recommend this trail! A+

love love love. beautiful winter hike

In my opinion, this hike is overrated. The ledges are surrounded by mountains that are much higher, so the view–which is the hike’s main attraction–is not that great.

A bit harder than the easy rating we got from the visitor center. We had some little guys and it got steep in some areas but was smooth with some great views at the top. Do it!

Hiked this yesterday. Heavy packed snow and thick ice throughout trail. Micro spikes a must and poles recommend! Lots of fun and beautiful in the winter. Take your time and enjoy. Ascent counter clockwise, descent clock wise.

Nice short moderate round trip hike. Regulars debated whether clockwise or counterclockwise is easier on the knees. I went counter and found walking up the rock steps possibly easier on my knees than walking the other direction. The 14 or so numbered nature posts might be easier to spot going clockwise, however. At about the halfway point is a short trail to an amazing west and south facing lookout. For more solitude go to the end of the lookout. Great lunch stop. At the end of the hike, next to the covered bridge you can dip into the shallow river to cool off on hot days.

lovely easy trail to do with your best dog!

lovely hike. give yourself 2.5hrs. lovely view at the top. it was lovely at sunset but bear in mind it gets dark quickly in the woods so don't leave it late getting down. even with a torch the trail is hard to see. If you go anti-clockwise there is another Vista part way down that offers great views an your left. I think sunrise would be a good time to go but anytime really.

Nice hike. Took us a long time to get to the top as I have two bad wheels and had to stop to rest the screaming knees but it was worth it. Wonderful view from top. Make sure you go to the end of the little trail at the top to get the best view.

Foliage at peak Saturday! Beautiful hike! Full of color

Great fall hike with a beautiful view from the ledges. It was peak fall foliage viewing.

This is a great wee hike. A little steep and rocky here and there but that end view is definitely worth it!

Great hike ! Lots of fungi ! Great views ! Definitely take the loop. So worth it.

Dog friendly. My Fitbit had it around 3.5miles not 2.8. We walked up the "ledge" side first which I think is harder than if we did the other side. Great views from the top.

Great trail. Moderate for good exercise and views. Many cool large boulders along the trail. Viewing area on top is great! I'll do it again.

Excellent hike. Kids are 13 and 11 and they had a great time. Views are amazing for the hike.

Great trail! Not too difficult, and there's several different places to stop along the ledges at the top with BEAUTIFUL views. We had a lovely lovely time!

Hiked this trail with my husband. Took about 2 hours plus eating lunch and enjoying the views at the top. We took other reviewers' advice and went counterclockwise around the loop, which seemed like the right choice. Definitely do the 0.2 mile extra to the views and go all the way to the end - don't just stop at the first view. Lots of blueberries around there as well. Good hike on a beautiful day!

This was a pretty fun trail

Not a hike for kids under 7 years old

My girlfriend and I hiked this trail two years ago for the first time- I had planned it prior to going camping. The outlook is where I proposed to her. We hiked it again last year- we absolutely love this trail. The site map you can get in Conway says this is an easy hike. I would say it is more moderate. You climb the 990 feet up in about 1.3 miles or so. It is difficult for people who aren't used to it. BUT ITS WORTH IT. The view is incredible at the top.

Expect 1.5 - 2 hrs round trip (including stopping for views). Great hike when you're on a time budget. Easy going and relaxing. Great views at the top.

Great trail with a lot of cool history! Definitely do the "View" outlook that's offered near Station #9 - as this will give you some incredible views of the valley and surrounding mountains. Aside from that, nice quiet hike in the woods with some great scenery.

Trail can get steep at times, so take your time going from station to station. Bring water, snacks, and bugspray - as the flies and mosquitos are definitely out.

Great loop with beautiful views along the .2 mile side trail near the top

Great hike with the 1 year old on my back. Beautiful views at the top. Be sure and take the 0.2 off shoot trail to catch the views.

Have fond memories of this hike as a kid. Did it as a solo hike again last summer 2016 and it was great! Beautiful views at the top but steep with a ledge you wouldn't want to get too close...My niece and nephew (ages 4 and 5) also did it as their first hike! Unfortunately I couldn't join them that day.