Boulder Loop Trail is a 4.5 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Conway, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.5 km Elevation Gain: 278 m Route Type: Loop

rock climbing

There is a fee to park.

Great get in shape hike. Yeah I felt it. First hike this year and I’m 62 yo woman. Great vista of the moats, ledges, Chocorua and the swift river.

Very nice hike today. The parking is free for now but I suspect that will change soon. We were glad there was some wind as the bugs were out. Great views!

Perfect trail. No fee right now to park; only took about 50 min up and down. Easy to do hike with a very pretty view.

Excellent Hike! Cant wait to do it again!

Nice hike but unfortunately we missed the ledge with view. I feel cheated lol. Still a nice easy hike. Walked the river from the parking lot, found a bench and had lunch there. Not buggy today either, nice breeze. Went counter clockwise and it was the good way to go.

Nice forest-y hike.

Definitely a solid 'moderate' trail. Nice hike great views.

This was a lovely hike with multiple scenic view points! Trails were well marked - lots of leaves and some muddy sections but nothing you couldn’t walk around! Would definitely recommend.

Easy moderate nice but not a lot of views

Great for an early morning hike with the dog. Went clockwise up to the summit. Coming down was a little tough on the knees but highly recommend for good views and big boulders with little effort. Not good for small children but older kids would hike with ease.

Good trail for kid’s. Nice and easy. The boulders were cool.

Beautiful bridge and river to start, awesome boulders along the way (that you hike by not over) .... lots of roots and rocks underfoot .... not too crowded. A little tough on knees on the way down. But we loved it and will do it again! (Me, my husband, our 2 kids (10 & 13) and dog.) Some wet spots but nothing impassable.

Great hike

Easy climb. Great views. Saw a couple Golden Eagles. Very cool! Will come back in the summer.

March 28th - perfect day for a moderate low-elevation hike in the Whites. We started off at 9am, brilliant sun and great trail conditions overall. Our first time doing this hike and the three of us loved it. Did the loop clockwise which turned out to be the best decision of the day. The accent was icy and or snow-covered in spots but not really an issue, but would have been more difficult going down. The ledge summits had great views to the south south-west. And the descent was on the south side so no ice and the snow was easy to navigate. Note the parking lot was jammed full when we left (after some fly-fishing in the Swift River) around 2pm.

icy

Great trail!! Brought snowshoes and crampons. Really could use either, but crampons did the job!

Lots of ice

Really pretty views at the top! It was really quiet and not crowded at all when I went. I saw a black bear...which was a little uneasy for me even though it was just as scared of me. So maybe hike with someone just to be safe.

Hiked today just before dark, overall night hike. Lots of cool rock formations and view. One place where a large tree has fallen. Got slightly off the trail a few times so be careful you're paying attention!

2.5 hour return while taking our time. last week of October and still beautiful. awesome views.

Great, short hike with beautiful views across several ledges. The chipmunks are doing well this year - they were everywhere, even up in the trees! :) My pup loved this walk. Highly recommend to those who are new to hiking and/or who have young children. We went clockwise, which gave us a more gradual descent in somewhat slippery conditions.

I went counter clockwise. It was rocky but good for hike up to the top, not to slippery. I lost a couple times because of a lot of leaves cover the trail even the trail is well marked. View from the top was beautiful. I should come a week before.

Very beautiful in fall

It’s good for a beginner for hiking and there is a fantastic top view. It requires leg strength. I went though this trail myself and took about 2hours including a sitting at top for 15min. Nice relaxing hiking.

Ausgezeichnet. Wer sich früh auf den Weg macht, wird mit Morgensicht belohnt. Bei Sonnenschein eine grandiose Sicht im Indianer Summer.

great hike with beautiful views. took my 6 and 9 year old. they were tired by the end of it but made it the whole way.