Blueberry Pasture to Purple Loop

Blueberry Pasture to Purple Loop is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alton Bay, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Love this trail! A way to get to the Major area trails without all the populace! Trail is steep and follows a brook up through a steep gorge till is levels out a bit near the top. I don't consider it "hard" but according to other trail ratings, that seems to fit the best and the conditions during winter/ice or fall could make it more difficult - but so worth the hike. Newer purple trail markings are clearly obvious!

MY 3 star review is for the Blueberry Pasture trail which I should have remembered from a while back....it's basically an old washed out logging road (some work has been done to the very bottom). I'm not a fan of wide, rocky road trails - to me a trail is a narrow hiking trail, not something that potentially gets used by snowmobiles etc.. So, my hike up was not much fun till I actually got to the first open meadows and views. Then I crossed Staighback to the purple Precipice East Trail which I love! I would happily give the Precipice East a 5 star.... Don't feel like it gets enough GOOD reviews! It is not scary, super dangerous or super hard. Of course it's steep going down the ravine, but it is so lovely with the brook alongside through the gulch that I simply love it. The only bummer to me is that the bottom is not a good cross back to the Blueberry parking lot. There's a missing bridge, beaver dam crossing that can be tough to do with dry feet and the signage is not great either as most of it is aimed at snowmobiles. Seems it would be sweet to have a nice crossover trail from the bottom of the steep gulch to the Blueberry pasture trail so the loop can be done easily!