Blueberry Mountain Trail

Blueberry Mountain Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Woodsville, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Did the White Cairne Trail to the Blueberry Ridge Trail, then came down the Shell Pond Trail to the Stone House Trail - 4.1 miles total. It was a nice hike on a Sunday morning while in the area. There were better views on the way up than there were at the top, but the top offered a nice little loop overlook trail, and there were plenty of areas for groups to sit without being on top of one another. There is a small parking lot about a half mile from the trailhead, but most people parked along the road. As others have mentioned, you need to walk down Long Pond Road a bit before getting to the trailhead, but it's a nice field area with a rock/dirt road.

I am a true novice as this is my first significant hike. I went up from the Page Rd. side. the beginning (first 1/2 mile or so) is not too bad as you walk along old logging road at a steady incline, however once you hit the trail (which isn't marked as good as one would hope being new at this hiking thing) it narrows and climbs steadily up for the next mile or so. When my Fitbit read that I'd reached 2.18 miles I was almost ready to quit thinking this is far from easy! However I pushed on for another .82 miles if narrow pathway of roots, mud, water and rocky terrain to the summit! I personally would call this a moderate hike not easy. However I am 50, overweight and haven't really hiked much at all. I do walk trails daily, between 3-5 miles so I'm not completely out of shape. Anyway, I made the summit and the views were beautiful. I will do this hike again and hope to not have to stop and rest as much. A note of caution, the last 1/3mile is very slippery due to the steady stream of water running along the rocks.

Amazing swimming hole @ rattlesnake pool along the hike

Great little hike. Just an FYI long pond road is gated on rt 25 and it's a .6 mile walk uphill to the trail head (adds about 250 ft) Haven't tried the ascent from Page Rd yet but that could be alternative. June 2017

If you plan a Winter hike to this location add aprox.2,5-3 miles to your total hike! Long Pond Rd is gated at the beginning so you would have to add that in as far as miles and time, was not happy.I will go back in Spring I'm sure, not a quitter.PS I did not want to add a star but I have to to submit this.

I hiked this over summer and it was pretty enjoyable. There was white moss everywhere on the trail and saw so many newts!

Thursday, August 04, 2016

I went up the Glencliff side, and it was fairly easy. Two adults and three children were able to make it up in about an hour. The view wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be, but it was a nice trail with some wild berries along it. Don't follow the directions posted on here, they don't lead you anywhere close to where you want to be.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

I took this trail from the Glencliff side to the summit and back the same way, so my review is based in that portion. But I didn't have signal for GPS so I couldn't map it. :(

This is a nice beginner hill. Not too steep, not too rocky. In fact, I saw two seniors and a child not more than 8 on this trail.

It could use some re-blazing. It's not too difficult to follow most of the time but when it opens up toward the top it's easy to have no clear idea where you're going. Also, if you plan on summing, watch carefully as you could easily walk right by the path to the summit pin.

Overall, not bad my expectations of the view had been overinflated. But an enjoyable outing with a quick descent (Took me 45 minutes from summit to car).

Friday, June 24, 2016

Nice hike, starts with moderate climb up logging road and then climbs a bit more steeply through woods to a fairly flat traverse across a shoulder and then up mostly on ledges, some of them open with views. Short side trails with views south and a great close up view of Moosilauke just below the summit. 0.1 mile side trail to summit with views. Continuing on to the north 0.3 miles to views of the Benton range and also into Vermont. Nice trail fairly easy to follow across the ledges, some of the yellow blazes are faded or missing but lots of cairns to mark the way. Several muddy areas, one of them quite deep north of the summit.

Sunday, March 27, 2016

looked for the trail not marked at all, directions bring you to someone's driveway.

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Nice easy trail with rewarding view at the top. Great hike for kids.