Blue Job Mountain Loop

Blue Job Mountain Loop is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Strafford, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Stay on the trail to the left when leaving the parking area. It takes you over to the Bald Knob with unobstructed views. If you continue over the Knob to the Old Canney Rd. (see local topographic map.) Keep bearing right and it will bring you right back to the parking area. By a map, or go with a guide familiar with the area. It's about a four mile loop along well defined woods roads. Good luck.

Great view 360°, especially when you consider the easy climb it is to the rock out crop on the left trail.

Such a great hike! Gorgeous views from the summit, a good workout, and close to home. Check out this trail, you'll be happy you did.

I've been hiking this for years, mostly with my best friend, Rufus, a Miniature Schnauzer. We would hit the crown point trail and start with the fire tower trail and make output way to the bald peak. Tons of views including the ocean and Mt. Washington. Relatively easy hike with great views throughout but very heavily trafficked. Like many have said, tons of blueberries. I've seen many large deer on the trail and bald eagles from the summit. I have spoken to a few people about the trailhead from Sheepborough road but have as of yet not tried it. I have also seen jeeps and 4x4 trucks rock scrambling on the bald top.

Took the toughest route after not hiking in easily 5 years and it kicked my ass but it was so worth it!

My first time today. meh. nothing super cool or difficult. you can comfortably bring nothing with you. it's basically a 2 mile loop with a ton of unmarked trails mixed in. Also came up on a group of kids in their early and mid twrnties climbing the radio tower and fire watch tower, on the roof of the shack near them, and smoking, and drinking. other than the bad there is a cool pond and the dog was happy, and we were too because we got some blue berries.

Nice hike to get a little exercise and enjoy some views! Lots of blueberries to snack on, dogs loved the pond at the top, can't wait to go back!

Very easy climb with fantastic 360 views! Loads of blueberries!!

Very easy hike. There's a short steep part at the end, otherwise there is hardly much incline. A simple hike to do with kids; my FitBit measured it at about 1.4 miles. The sounds coming from the small building associated with the antenna at the top detracted from the beauty and peacefulness a bit.
We brought our dog along and none of the other hikers seemed to mind.

Well maintained, easy to follow trail. The view from the fire tower was incredible! Fairly easy hike, so worth it!

It was hard at first but so worth it.

Great after work hike. You can hammer it out relatively quickly, easy for kids and dogs. Great for warming up for bigger mountains.

This trail is fairly short, and not all that hard to hike. Has some steep parts, and can be wet/muddy. But once you get to the top there is a fire tower you can climb up and get a 360° view of mountains. Hiked it today and last fall.. Amazing to see in the fall!

Great little loop in beautiful snow-covered conditions. I'd rate this short trail as easy, not difficult. There's a small amount of elevation and the views are pretty. My pup loved it. Drive in was pretty too!

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Great hike. The view from Little Blue Job is one of the best around. The fire tower is also good, but some taller trees block some of the view.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Great for an after work hike you can knock out both peaks in well under an hour. The views are pretty solid, especially from the fire tower. Perfect for kids/doggos. I'm not sure why it is rated as a hard hike though.

Monday, July 18, 2016

This is a good and easy way to add some extra distance and views to the Blue Job Mountain hike. Take the trail behind the fire tower. It's marked only be cairns, no blazes, so will have to keep an eye out for them. They lead to an excellent and large summit of exposed rock. Tons of blueberry bushes at the summit and along the trail and a little pond for the dog to swim in. The loop trail is hard to find and not marked at all. It can be confusing.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

I thought it was a pretty easy hike and I'd say I'm in OK condition: meaning I run 3 miles a couple times a week, off and on. My husband rarely exercises and thought it was easy. Great views, though! For those who want a quick hike with rewarding views at the summit.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Love this trail. Mount Blue Job is one of our favorite ones. We have done it several times. One time is was just my boyfriend and me, another time I was pregnant and one other time we did it with the baby (in a carrier). It's really fun and the view is very lovely. Nice area for a picnic/snack at the top.

Friday, June 17, 2016

It was a nice trail once we found it. The directions from this app brought us down someone's driveway (and then told us to get out and walk to our destination). Awkward! Used our gps instead and found it no problem. Lovely views and the dogs loved it!