Black North WMA is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Acworth, New Hampshire that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 170 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Very easy to get lost. Ended up doing a lot of bushwhacking and coming out on road. Over 5 miles loop. Had fun, but got eaten alive. Don’t forget bug spray

Great trail. Flat and easy. We even had an excellent porcupine sighting. Terrible bugs and ticks. I recommend long pants and shirts.

This is a really nice little hike. There are a lot of trails going off in different directions and it really isn't marked. I have to admit that we missed the total hike because if this. Now that I know I plan on going back and doing it again. I love this place though.

Wed Aug 03 2016

Easy. Basically follows old ATV trails through the WMA. Mostly overgrown with knee high weeds but the tracks are plain and clear. There is a gate across the trails to prevent motorized vehicles but otherwise the trail is clear. Didn't come across any vistas but the trails were nice and it was a pleasant hike. Not much elevation at all on the trail we chose. Will go back to further explore the WMA. There is parking across from the trailhead onBlack North Rd.

Mon Nov 17 2014

Pretty well maintained backcountry style trails on both sides of the roads which prohibit the use of any motorized vehicles, trail use is strictly for hiking, shoeing, cc skiing. I recommend using GPS as there are lots of trails that loop back and forth through each other.

Fri Aug 24 2018