Beaver Brook Trail to Mount Moosilauke

Beaver Brook Trail to Mount Moosilauke is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Woodstock, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October.

Distance: 7.6 miles Elevation Gain: 3,126 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Definitely very steep for the first bit but it levels out so don't get discouraged!

Absolutely loved this hike! The views were breathtaking. It was challenging, but with the waterfalls and other unique scenery it was so worth it. I recommend you take your time descending it is even trickier on the way down.

Super steep at the beginning but it was such a good challenging hike at the end of it. Wonderful view at the top. Bring a jacket it’s super cold and very windy!!! Dogs allowed on leash

One of the nicer hikes in WM. 360* views from the top are simple awesome. Initial part of the hike is very steep so I would not say it is for first timers. Also the section can be tricky while coming down. As many have already mentioned, total distance to top and back is more like 8 miles than 6.3 miles described in the information pane....

Beautiful trail along Beaver Brook up to Blue Mountain then the stunning Mt Moosilauke. Tough climb but well worth it continued along the AT down the Glencliff Trail to Hwy 25. My favorite hike in New Hampshire so far.

Beautiful summit with outstanding views makes this worth the effort. The “hard” rating seems fair considering the first (and last if hiking out-and-back) 1.5 miles are steep and in anything but perfect, dry weather can be hazardous. Conditions were perfect today, so only fitness was required.

Great hike. First 1.5 miles were tough but the rest very manageable. Says this trail is 6.5 miles but it is at least 7.6-7.8 miles long, just as a heads up. Summit was cloudy with occasional views. Would definitely do it again.

Great trail, steep in the first mile or so, but manageable, if you have poles bring them. View was stunning on top. Shaded most of the hike until you get close to the summit. Lots of through hikers. The hike down was challenging since we were tired and it is steep.

The first mile and a quarter is quite steep and slippery- worse going down than going up, but amazing view of a cascading waterfall. Once you get to the shelter, the trail levels off and becomes runnable. The peak is incredible to see and the views are difficult to describe with words other than “amazing”, “breathtaking”, “outstanding”, etc. There were a fair number of through hikers early on and a lot of day hikers as I finished my day. So glad I did this.

This trail is tough, but super rewarding! I wish we'd remembered the hiking sticks, but I definitely recommend it!

I decided to take this route since this section is on the AT. I started at the Beaver brook trailhead and by my math the first two miles of trail ascend 2,400 ft. This section paralells a cascade so expect wet rocks and mosquitoes. If you don't use bug spray you'll get swarmed. Going up is very difficult, but going down is very tedious especially after the shelter. You're basically taking baby steps for two miles to the trailhead; it never seems to end. I'll be that guy and say that I've done plenty of hiking in the Whites and this trail was tough. The cascades and the view at the summit are great. I didn't hear any sound of music at the summit.

Remarkable views at the top were definitely worth the strenuous climb getting there. Would highly recommend! Just take your time descending under wet conditions.

Great half-day hike - it took us 4-4.5 hours round trip to complete the 7.2 mile total. The hike starts of quite strenuous and vertical but eases up as you get higher up. Be careful coming down as the rocks get slippery. It’s definitely not a cake walk, but the views at the top are excellent. I would hike again.

Hiked this for the first time today. Lots of work going up, steep steps, rebar hand rails, etc, but all built in steps are in the right places, making it enjoyable. Summit was one of my favorites with beautiful grass, cairns and 360 degree views. Very slippery going down- must take your time and really watch your footing. 4.5 hours up and back.

Excellent trail however, much harder then expected. Seasoned hiker, thought it was harder then the Flume slide. In particular, coming down was risky and slippery. Not dog friendly unless you have spectacular dog climbers. Not a place to carry your dog.

Excellent hike. Went on a wet day with a group of 5, all varying skill levels. First 1.5 miles can be rough due to steepness, but supplemented by a gorgeous waterfall backdrop for most of it. Foggy/ cloudy at the summit, but cleared out on our way down. Descent was slick due to rainfall, so be careful of that.

Pretty awesome peak - I’ve done it twice, and both times had terrible weather. The second time we were dealing with crazy clouds, rainstorms and winds at the summit. Always bring your rain gear and headlamps!

I highly recommend! It was hard work but soo worth the views. I’m a motivated beginner and was able to do this with plenty of breaks :) With that said my legs are now sore. I would totally do this again. I think I saw the last of the snow. There were just a couple pieces off to the side waiting to fully melt. I do recommend proper shoes/boots. Waterproof is ideal since it’s still muddy. I stepped in a few puddles. Also there were bugs but No bites. Bring a wind jacket! It’s windy up top.

Brutal trail! My second time visiting this trail and man this just went on forever. I really enjoyed the views at the top especially since it was a 360 view in the alpine zone but going down is super dangerous and technical. Took a lot of time going down that last 2 miles and also going up. Lots of hand rails and foot blocks to step on. Def. would rate as difficult, not for anyone afraid of near open ledges.

Views the whole way. Cascades for the first half. Very narrow and unique