Beaver Brook Trail to Mount Moosilauke is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Woodstock, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

This hike is well worth steep terrain. It was cold and rainy and it was still beautiful hiking next to the cascades and falls the entire way up.

Great hike! Very wet and slippery though. The view at the top is fantastic. Be sure to bring your wind jacket, it’s very windy and cold up there.

Not easy but no harder than hiking the Tripyramids or the Hancocks. The Beaver Brook Trail hasn't iced over yet . Great 360 view from the summit but the wind is no joke.

Based on the reviews, I thought this would be a lot harder. Yes, the first mile and a half were tough, but after that it was relatively flat. The summit is very cool; looks like a giant meadow, unlike the massive rock piles of the other 4,000 footers

Three very distinct sections to this trail - the steep waterfall-side beginning that gets the sweat pouring down, the gentle flat-ish pathways through thin trees, and the beautiful wide-open summit alpine meadow. A really pretty hike on a nice day!

This trail was super hard but worth it

Hiked on a rainy day. Not too bad. The rocks were slippery but it’s totally doable. In the beginning it’s windless in the thick woods and very humid, which made us very uncomfortable. It got better as we went higher. After we broke the tree-line, we found ourselves in very thick fog, the visibility dropped to 100 ft or even less at some point, plus it’s very windy and very cold around the sign! The wind blowed cold rain to my face. Thank god there are some stone-made shelters on the top. I can imagine how dangerous it could be if you get wet and exposed for more than half an hour.

Omg the views are gorgeous but this trail is very hard. I’m never doing this trail again. Loved it but hated it

Good hike. Pretty difficult to start. Steep - climbing almost 2,000 feet within a mile, but in a stair-master kind of way. The river and waterfalls are along side you this whole time, so it's not too bad.

Afterwards, you're trekking in the trees with sporadic views, up until the last 500 ft of the hike where you get a nice 360.

Careful going down. Expect it to take you about the same amount of time as going up.

There are beautiful views of the waterfalls on this trail. The rocks and stairs do get extremely slippery so I would recommend bringing hiking poles to help keep your balance. I don't normally hike with poles but figured I might need them on this trail and I don't think I would've made it down in one piece without them. Going down does take much longer than going up so make sure you factor that into your hike time. Overall it's a great challenging hike to a gorgeous summit.

Taking this trail up is absolutely beautiful but very steep, wet, and difficult. It is worth the trip UP it, but do NOT attempt the trip down. It took me 3 hours to walk about a mile, granted I stopped quite a bit, but the rocks, being as wet as they were was treacherous. Again, worth the extreme effort going up, but not down.

Do not take the warnings lightly! The first third of this hike is very challenging!! Bringing young kids is a bad idea. Very steep very sharp very rocky ascent alongside beautiful cascading water. If you are fit and ready for a fun hike, this is a good challenge!

DAMN WHAT A WORKOUT! Absolutely excellent hike. Was nervous for this trail after reading reviews, but my boyfriend and I did not feel it was too bad on the way up. Steep, F*** YES. But fun, and once you get a about a 1/2 mile past the Beaver Brook Hut, it really flatens out, and the last push to the summit isn't bad at all. Not too windy at the top, and not crowded at all. We started at 12:45PM and finished up at 7:30. LOTS of breaks on way up. VERY slow on way down. My legs were really feeling it at the end i'll tell ya! Honestly, Hike was 3 days ago and i'm almost not sore anymore! Happy Hiking!

This trail was amazing and the cascades were beautiful but it was pretty difficult so be prepared! I wouldn't recommend this for inexperienced hikers! There was a section of the trail at the beginning that had eroded leaving about a 6 foot gap with a fall into the cascades if you slip. We were able to make it past by holding onto the bank above and standing on the two rocks on either side of the gap. With each storm I imagine it will only get bigger so there will definitely need to be something done about it. It also rained on our way up and down the cascades making the rocks a bit slippery. We just took it slow and got back down just fine!

Loved this trail. So beautiful. But make sure you don’t skip leg day before, it’s a thigh burner for sure!! Also kind of tricky, a lot of using your hands & getting creative!

Beautiful, but not easy. Up until you hit the hut, it’s no joke... and coming back down might even be a little more difficult. But all worth it. Gorgeous summit if you don’t blow away.

This winter hike was intense. I'd consider myself in shape, but we had to take regular breaks to manage fatigue. It's steep and uphill the entire way. We wore microspikes but probably could have done snowshoes to avoid falling through the fresh snow. The snow had blown off the summit so it was like walking on a frozen pond to the summit. Beware that the winds at the top can really whip. We even saw another group of hikers put on ski googles before ascending above tree line.

Since I'm rating the trail itself and not the mountain I give it 3 stars for winter. Too many people without snowshoes have hiked this and destroyed the snowy terrain. It took an incredible amount of time to descend because people without even spikes went down on the edges and dumped loose snow all over this steep descent. Every step was a careful and slow placement on the way down so I didn't tumble for a few hundred feet. I'm sure it's better without snow. If you're winter hiking you need snowshoes or spikes if the trail has iced over.

All that said the summit is awesome and I would do this again. The views are just amazing and worth all that frustration.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

As an out of shape hiker, this was a challenging hike that was pretty much uphill all the way. The first 2 miles were rough and required a bunch of breather breaks, but the waterfall and peekaboo views were beautiful. There was lots of stepping up onto larger rocks and a few rebars to hold onto. Going up I knew going down was going to suck. After you hit the leanto and compost toilet, it gets easier in that there are less rocks to climb up. It’s still mostly uphill but there are some nice easy flat parts. Whoever said it was a stroll after the first two miles is ridiculous unless you’re incredibly in shape, but it is considerably easier than the beginning. Views at the top were amazing 10/10 would do again. Going down was good until the last 2 miles. Tired legs, weak thighs, and large steps down onto not flat rocks made it rough. Going down the last 2 miles was the worst for me. There are a few slippery areas near the water that have moss on them so be careful. Overall, totally worth it for my first 4,000 footer! Took us 3.5 hours up and 2.5 down I think.

Friday, October 20, 2017

Waterfall views were beautiful!!! Not as much foliage as I was hoping. On the way down encountered a brush fire across the way. All together an amazing hike with great views.

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Love this trail. Straight up for the first 1.5 miles, then a nice stroll to the summit of Mooselauke. Beaver Brook Trail runs right next to some of the prettiest cascades in the Whites.

Friday, October 13, 2017

I hiked up via Beaver Brook about a month ago. It was our first 4000 footer and it took us 9 hours total including an hour rest at the summit and a few other rests along the way. The Trail was steep and difficult but very rewarding with plenty of waterfalls, as well as rocky terrain, new growth forest that smells like Christmas and mossy forest that looks enchanted. The summit offers some rock wall shelters for wind protection which we totally advantage of. Beautiful views and varied flora.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The first 1.4 miles was extremely steep and slippery. There are wooden block drilled into certain sections of rocks with some rebar hand guides to help with the first 1.4 miles ascent. It wasn't until you reached the Dartmouth College observatory that the trail finally began to get much easier. I would say that the first 1.4 miles is by far the hardest part of this trail. You also have to be aware that if you go up this trail you need to go back the exact same way, there is no easy trail that runs parallel for an easy descent. I would say that the descent was much rougher than the ascent. One last note and I can't stress this enough, after you have summited and you are going back down this trail it is very easy to get lost. The Bennett trail and the Beaver Brook trail merge at about 0.4 miles from the summit. The sign that indicates which is which is obscured. So if you are going down this trail the Beaver Brook trail turns right at the 0.4 mark. If you continue to go down, you are now on the Bennett trail. The Bennett trail has blue markings on the trees, if you see a blue marking turn around immediately. I wasn’t the only one who got lost and needed to back track, so be aware of this, and your day will be more enjoyable than mine was.

Monday, August 28, 2017

Sentier très difficile mais très beau! Pour les habitués seulement, et expérimentés! Le sentier débute doucement près de la chute, mais rapidement après le panneau d'avertissement du degré de complexité du sentier, le trouble commence..!

Saturday, August 19, 2017

First two miles are some work, mostly careful footing, then flats to an absolutely gorgeous summit. Fun mountain.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Difficult all the way up to the hut but the fall views along the way are great places to catch your breath. Gets easier a little after the hut. I'm a fairly novice hiker, took us about 2.5 hours from trail head to top of the Moose and another 2.5 back. Will definitely hike again

Monday, July 24, 2017

The beaver brook trail is about 4 mi to the summit with the first 2 miles being extremely steep, slippery, and rocky (a sign warns you of this at the beginning) while the second half is considerably more moderate. You will be rewarded by the views at summit, they are absolutely incredible. One of my favorite summits!

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Extremely steep most of the way up. Would not recommend for inexperienced hikers. Great views along the waterfall at the beginning of the hike.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Awesomely amazing views of cascading waterfalls along the trail. It is very slippery on the way up.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Went up Beaver Brook. Still a lot of snow & ice from 2500. Take spikes. Cascade is beautiful. A very demanding trail.