Beaver Brook to South Peak (AT)

Beaver Brook to South Peak (AT) is a 8.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Easton, New Hampshire that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from January until January.

Hard going up along the waterfalls, very slippery

Superb (and challenging hike). The shelter area is a bit tight. But the hike is really worth it.

The climb from Beaver Pond to Moosilauke summit is a very challenging and very rewarding hike. Scaling the steep mountainside beside the beautiful, cascading Beaver Brook was exhilarating. Incredible 360-degree views from the summit. Be aware this trail involves scaling several steep and fairly high rock faces. Steps and rebar have been set into the rock to aid in climbing. They say this trail is dog-friendly, but in fact it is NOT suitable for any but the most agile and intrepid dogs.

This is NOT a 5.6 mile hike. 3.8 miles up and 3.8 miles down. Also trails not marked well so make sure you read the signs or you will be going down the wrong way and have to hike all the way back up. Make sure to fill up water at the brook as there is no water past it. Otherwise a pretty hike.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Beautiful, challenging, lots of scrambling. One of my favorites!

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Difficult but worth it! Hiked with six fourteen y/os from a sleep away camp and they loved every minute of it. Hiked to beaver brook shelter (1.5 miles in 2 hours), spent the night, then summitted and descended in about five hours total (6.1 miles).

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

The way we climbed it was a very easy and quick hike overall. First we went up Snapper which added the steepness to it. But then that joined with the Carriage Trail taking us to the top. That was what you expected. Moderate steepness with some rocks in the path. So in the end we were up and back fairy quickly. I would have liked to seen the spectacular view everyone told me about but unfortunately it was thundering, cloudy, cold, and windy so ate a quick lunch and headed back down.
Wyler, my dog, had no problems with the trail

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Monday, June 23, 2014

I did this hike a couple of weeks ago. It is fairly challenging. This was my 14th 4,000 footers. I have terrible endurance, so take that as you will. It was a gorgeous hike all along cascades for the first couple of miles. The water was a welcome iced cold face bath occasionally and the wind would bring that cool breeze that water does along with it. There are wood block steps and some iron rungs along the really tricky parts. Once on top of Moosilauke it was cold as hell. It's completely exposed so the view is tremendous, but any sort of wind would we freezing. We went from what felt like 80 degree tropical weather while hiking to 40 degrees on the summit. Definitely spring like.
I would highly recommend this trail. It's awesome.

Sunday, January 05, 2014

Amazing view from the summit. very worthwhile hike.

Saturday, November 09, 2013

Beautiful hike! And, we saw a moose! How fitting.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

The waterfalls were amazing. The foliage at lower elevations was still amazing. The views from higher up were amazing. I loved this one but it is certainly a days work. I want to do this one again next year if I can come back to New Hampshire.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Thursday, August 08, 2013

We took the Beaver Brook Trail up to the summit and it was a great hike! The first 2 miles are pretty steep and challenging, but with wooden steps and rebar for help. You follow a waterfall/river for quite a ways until it finally starts to level off around 2.0 miles up. Coming down was also fairly tricky, with the steepness of the trail, but it was so much fun. The view at the top is amazing, and well worth the time it takes on the Beaver Brook Trail. There are a few signs cautioning inexperienced hikers to avoid this trail, so if you are a beginner, seek an alternate route! If are you looking for a challenging and rewarding hike, this is it!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I went on the Beaver Brook Trail which is the 7.6 miles from the woodstock nh side next to the beaver brook lake. It is the appliation trail and has the beaver brook shelter and also maintained by Dartmouth College. It has some rebar to help you and also wooden stairs up some of the rocks. It was a little wet, but the waterfall for over a mile was amazing. It took about 6:15 hours