This trail is a challenging trail. We parked by the courts at Panorama Ln and Bear Mountain Rd and trekked up the road to the trail head, which added about an extra mile each way. The road was mostly snow and ice covered heading up this morning, so I wore micro spikes, by the time we were leaving, most of the snow was gone. Most of the trail was snow covered at the beginning, so I recommend waterproof shoes or gaiters. The snow was about 14" deep in some spots. Once you're on the trail, it is an easy upward walk with two small creek crossing. Once you get to the 2/3 it turns to extremely challenging. It was almost straight up, this is where you gain the most elevation. There where points where I was climbing, not hiking, using my hands and feet. When you get to the final third, things start to level out and become easy again. The views are good the whole way up, but not great. You can see a lot because the trees are bare this time of year. When you reach the top there are several rock faces with small openings with glimpses of the views, mostly to the east of Newfound Lake. We saw bear and deer tracks, so come prepared with your preferred method of defense. If you have bad knees I would not recommend this hike. I would recommend for intermediate level hikers. I would recommend other hikes where you get more of a payoff at the top before this one, but if you are looking for a challenging hike I would say do this one. Good luck!