Bear Mountain Trail

Bear Mountain Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bristol, New Hampshire that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round.

Not good for kids very steep parts not well maintained

Nice, quiet hike but not much for views from the top. I hadn't realized that I had reached he summit until I was on my way back down again.

Nice family trail, not with toddlers. Got to see 2 bears in my way down. Very exciting.

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Although there are two trail heads for Bear Mountain (one just outside of Hebron town square) I decided to use the trail off of Bear Mountain Road. Just before the road forks the trail head is on the right. I don't know the distance or elevation at this point but it was a fairly easy hike, with some steepness to it, but not too bad. It only took 30 minutes or so to get to the top, and there are some great views of Newfound Lake.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

I was looking for a short hike near to home when I found Bear Mountain. The trail head was easy to find off of Bear Mountain Road in Hebron, and the trail itself was easy to follow.

Although it was fairly steep in places, overall it wasn't too bad, and a great view to be had at the top.

Directions to trailhead: From Bristol, take US 3A North, then take a left onto West Shore Road. Continue right on West Shore Road when Caridgan Mountain Road branches off straight. Eventually, after pulling back away from the lake, take a left onto Bear Mountain Road. Where Panorama Lane goes uphill to the right, continue straight onto the dirt Bear Mountain Road. The Bear Mountain Trail trailhead will eventually be on the right. There is limited room to park roadside at a fork in the road just beyond the trailhead.