Bear Den Geological Park & Trail

Bear Den Geological Park & Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gilsum, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.1 miles Elevation Gain: 229 feet Route Type: Out & Back

My dog, Traildog Sparta, and I went up the old road and then followed the orange marks to the caves. After that we followed a steep, unmarked trail to the top of the profile. There is a nice view from there. Well worth the effort.

Super easy stroll with neat rocks. Once you get to rock face markers cease to exist. I was with my dog on a leash and didn’t want to chance the rock scrambles with no trail markers so we didn’t get to the top. Bring strong bug spray!!!!!

Great spot to boulder, top rope, hike, bike, explore, play, and hammock

recorded Recording - Apr 25, 11:51 AM

Trails we a bit wet and muddy, did some off-trailing. Didn't make it all the way because of the trail condition and how cold it was, will do it again for sure.

Was a fun little stroll.

Nice little hike. As the other reviews stated the 2nd half is not well marked. Plenty of parking. When you see the rock face go slightly left and you will find a trail up. Took me about 45 minutes up, and 30 back.

However we ended up doing some serious dangerous rock climbing due to very poor markers. We ended up going off trail. Very beautiful view at the top

really fun hike. Easy walk to the rock face, lots of rocks to climb on and under. There is a trail at either end of the rock face to get up on top. Nice views from up there.

Friday, December 11, 2015

Really cool rock formations, Glacial Potholes, Boulder piles with numerous caves , shear rock face and nice views from top! My friend and I spent hours exploring this place and had a great time!

Monday, July 06, 2015

Short hike, pretty neat rock formations you can climb up to, easy to drive past since it's right on a turn near the top of the hill. It's a quick way to kill some time

Sunday, April 22, 2018