Barlow Trail and Winslow Trail Loop

Barlow Trail and Winslow Trail Loop is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Wilmot, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Mount Kearsarge is a must-do hike for anyone living in the Kearsarge area. The summit has a fire tower (which is occasionally open to enter). The top is very exposed and offers 360 degree views. Note: The road leading to the normal parking lot is blocked off during the off season so you have to hike up the road about half a mile before reaching the trail head.

Great day to try out my new micro spikes . Worth every dime. Nice views from summit, cold windy day but nice workout . Gate is closed at bottom of road, so extra mile walk to trailhead for a warm up. Saw bear tracks in frozen snow up top

V icy so bring crampons/microspikes other than that an awesome peak. on a clear day you can see many 4Kers in the distances

Went up Winslow and down Barlow. Well marked trails. Great views at the top. All in all it was an easy hike. Some steep areas thru Winslow but there were alternate paths so its family friendly

Love this loop. We took our 3.5 year old up Winslow and down Barlow. He is a VERY active kid and was able to make it up Winslow all on his own! He was spent after spending some time on the summit so we ended up having to backpack him about half of the way down Barlow. I would say Barlow is more kid friendly than Winslow. Winslow is certainly a trail that is easy if you can maintain your pace. LOTS of larger rocks but also a fair amount of easier ways around them is you need less of a challenge.

In my opinion Winslow is too steep to descend on for my liking but Barlow also has a lot of open edges and large open faced rocks closer to the summit, so it depends on you preference on how to take it

Great views. Slippery rocks in a number of spots.

We hike Mt Kearsarge in Sept 2016 and went up Winslow and down Barlow. And it was tough but great!! This time we hiked up Barlow and down Barlow also. Even though it was not as steep as Winslow it was still a workout and still exciting. A little bit of everything. Flat, roots, rocks, boulders. If you have issues with heights and wide open edges there is one part that can be a bit unnerving for folks like me - scared of heights and wide open edges. However I did it and it was not that hard. On all the rocks and boulders there always was an alternate way up and around if you are unsure of your footing on the rocks. A fantastic hike. Enjoyed it thoroughly!

Wonderful, easy, high-reward hike on a glorious fall day. Spectacular views in all directions. Up Winslow and down Barlow as suggested below ... thanks!

Simply amazing. Between hard and moderate - steep ascent.

Wonderful hike. Started with Winslow first (steep), descending on Barlow Trail (easy). Saw a black bear running up the Barlow toward me; then he quickly turned on spotting me and zoomed into the woods.

We hiked these trails this morning. A little cool. We saw a bull moose on the way up winslow trail.
So close it was fabulous. Great view at top, very windy. Only thing I didn't like was dogs not on a
lease, very easy to have a dog jump on you and cause you to fall. Please put your dog on a lease,
it's the park rules.

I took Winslow up and Barlow down. I recommend this route to others but am glad that Winslow has good rocks to rest on because it certainly gets your heart rate up at times. My favorite part of the trail was finding many different kinds of rocks on the way in addition to the usual limestone and granite.
I like to choose a higher traffic trail when I am hiking alone. This was a good one for that. I could still appreciate being alone in nature while knowing that if something happened, another human would pass by sooner rather than later.

The views from the summit are spectacular, and the fire tower is a nice bonus. It was my daughter's first real hike at 4yrs old. We took Winslow up and Barlow back down. Winslow was way more steep and rocky than we were ready for, but my daughter made it through. Barlow is definitely easier and I'm glad we chose it for the decent. With kids, I'd skip Winslow altogether and take Barlow both ways. It was hard, but definitely worth it at the top!

Nice hike; great views. I did a loop... up the longer trail on the left; down steeper one (Winslow), but just fine. TONS of people on top given it is Labor Day but you can get solitude and views but just going down either trail 5 minutes.

Nice hike, pretty challenging. I enjoyed it.

High traffic hike with decent views.

Beautiful park. Cost is $4 per person. We took the Winslow trail up and it was pretty difficult for us (but we did it) .....took the Barlow trail down and was much easier. The view was phenomenal! Absolutely worth the hard work to get up there. There were lots of young children hiking this trail and seemed to do just fine. Kudos to them! Take some time on the summit and enjoy the stunning scenery.

You have to pay to get onto the Barlow and Winslow trails. It's $4 a person. There is plenty of parking and there are some seating areas and a playground. You can tell the maintain that area pretty well. The hike is not bad and there is some kind of weather tower on top which you can walk up. That was pretty cool. The views are good for the elevation/area this mountain is located. I would say this is a good beginner trail if you are just getting into hiking.

Good hike. A little tricky when rocks are wet.

It was a nice, easy hike with a lot of rewards, but pretty busy trail as well because of that.

Amazing views! Winslow Trail may be shorter but it's definitely a challenge if you're just starting out (like me). Very rewarding! We went back down using Barlow Trail and made it down in half the time it took us to get up!