Barlow Trail and Winslow Trail Loop

Barlow Trail and Winslow Trail Loop is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Wilmot, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Mount Kearsarge is a must-do hike for anyone living in the Kearsarge area. The summit has a fire tower (which is occasionally open to enter). The top is very exposed and offers 360 degree views. Note: The road leading to the normal parking lot is blocked off during the off season so you have to hike up the road about half a mile before reaching the trail head.

Love this loop. We took our 3.5 year old up Winslow and down Barlow. He is a VERY active kid and was able to make it up Winslow all on his own! He was spent after spending some time on the summit so we ended up having to backpack him about half of the way down Barlow. I would say Barlow is more kid friendly than Winslow. Winslow is certainly a trail that is easy if you can maintain your pace. LOTS of larger rocks but also a fair amount of easier ways around them is you need less of a challenge.

In my opinion Winslow is too steep to descend on for my liking but Barlow also has a lot of open edges and large open faced rocks closer to the summit, so it depends on you preference on how to take it

Great views. Slippery rocks in a number of spots.

We hike Mt Kearsarge in Sept 2016 and went up Winslow and down Barlow. And it was tough but great!! This time we hiked up Barlow and down Barlow also. Even though it was not as steep as Winslow it was still a workout and still exciting. A little bit of everything. Flat, roots, rocks, boulders. If you have issues with heights and wide open edges there is one part that can be a bit unnerving for folks like me - scared of heights and wide open edges. However I did it and it was not that hard. On all the rocks and boulders there always was an alternate way up and around if you are unsure of your footing on the rocks. A fantastic hike. Enjoyed it thoroughly!

Wonderful, easy, high-reward hike on a glorious fall day. Spectacular views in all directions. Up Winslow and down Barlow as suggested below ... thanks!

Simply amazing. Between hard and moderate - steep ascent.

Wonderful hike. Started with Winslow first (steep), descending on Barlow Trail (easy). Saw a black bear running up the Barlow toward me; then he quickly turned on spotting me and zoomed into the woods.

We hiked these trails this morning. A little cool. We saw a bull moose on the way up winslow trail.
So close it was fabulous. Great view at top, very windy. Only thing I didn't like was dogs not on a
lease, very easy to have a dog jump on you and cause you to fall. Please put your dog on a lease,
it's the park rules.

I took Winslow up and Barlow down. I recommend this route to others but am glad that Winslow has good rocks to rest on because it certainly gets your heart rate up at times. My favorite part of the trail was finding many different kinds of rocks on the way in addition to the usual limestone and granite.
I like to choose a higher traffic trail when I am hiking alone. This was a good one for that. I could still appreciate being alone in nature while knowing that if something happened, another human would pass by sooner rather than later.