Barlow Trail and Winslow Trail Loop

Barlow Trail and Winslow Trail Loop is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Wilmot, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Mount Kearsarge is a must-do hike for anyone living in the Kearsarge area. The summit has a fire tower (which is occasionally open to enter). The top is very exposed and offers 360 degree views. Note: The road leading to the normal parking lot is blocked off during the off season so you have to hike up the road about half a mile before reaching the trail head.

The views from the summit are spectacular, and the fire tower is a nice bonus. It was my daughter's first real hike at 4yrs old. We took Winslow up and Barlow back down. Winslow was way more steep and rocky than we were ready for, but my daughter made it through. Barlow is definitely easier and I'm glad we chose it for the decent. With kids, I'd skip Winslow altogether and take Barlow both ways. It was hard, but definitely worth it at the top!

Nice hike; great views. I did a loop... up the longer trail on the left; down steeper one (Winslow), but just fine. TONS of people on top given it is Labor Day but you can get solitude and views but just going down either trail 5 minutes.

Nice hike, pretty challenging. I enjoyed it.

High traffic hike with decent views.

Beautiful park. Cost is $4 per person. We took the Winslow trail up and it was pretty difficult for us (but we did it) .....took the Barlow trail down and was much easier. The view was phenomenal! Absolutely worth the hard work to get up there. There were lots of young children hiking this trail and seemed to do just fine. Kudos to them! Take some time on the summit and enjoy the stunning scenery.

You have to pay to get onto the Barlow and Winslow trails. It's $4 a person. There is plenty of parking and there are some seating areas and a playground. You can tell the maintain that area pretty well. The hike is not bad and there is some kind of weather tower on top which you can walk up. That was pretty cool. The views are good for the elevation/area this mountain is located. I would say this is a good beginner trail if you are just getting into hiking.

Good hike. A little tricky when rocks are wet.