Barlow Trail

Barlow Trail is a 3.4 mile out and back trail located near Wilmot, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful trail - rocky, mossy, and gorgeous views.

Great trail, well marked, super busy though.

Hiked this trail with a small group (3 adults 3 children 9, 6, and 5 years old). My 9 year old did well without help. The 5 and 6 year old were real troopers. They only required a little assistance on flat rocks on the way down. This is a great half day hike for families with a big pay off at the end. Summit is expansive and has 360 views with plenty of places to rest. The fire tower was open which gave even farther views.

This is the second time we've hiked Kearsarge and it's becoming our favorite local summit. I have a feeling this is also the consensus of the surrounding population as it is always crowded on both trail and summit.

If the fire tower is open climb up and visit the park ranger who appears to resent the public welcome sign as you enter. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

We hike Mt Kearsarge in Sept 2016 and went up Winslow and down Barlow. And it was tough but great!! This time we hiked up Barlow and down Barlow also. Even though it was not as steep as Winslow it was still a workout and still exciting. A little bit of everything. Flat, roots, rocks, boulders. If you have issues with heights and wide open edges there is one part that can be a bit unnerving for folks like me - scared of heights and wide open edges. However I did it and it was not that hard. On all the rocks and boulders there always was an alternate way up and around if you are unsure of your footing on the rocks. A fantastic hike. Enjoyed it thoroughly! See my recording for the pics of the trail

Great hike. Starts easy and gets moderate. Amazing views. Buggy at top. Family friendly.