Baldface Trail

Baldface Trail is a 9.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Intervale, New Hampshire that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Take this wonderful loop hike over two beautiful bald peaks with fantastic views towards the taller White Mountains. This is a loop hike with several fun stream crossings and a lot of views at the top of both peaks and along the ridge. As their name implies, both peaks have bald summits and in some steep places you may find yourself on fun scrambles. There will be fantastic views on clear days towards the taller White Mountains including Mt. Washington which dominates the horizon.

54 minutes ago

difficult but fun at the same time.

A good amount of parking at the trailhead (toilets are available too). You need to cross the street from the parking area to reach the trailhead. We stopped at the Emerald Pool, which is a beautiful large flowing stream. Then we started the loop counter-clockwise via the Slippery Brook Trail. We went left on the Eastman Mountain Trail, where we camped for the night in utter solitude (we heard the shelter was quite busy!). The next morning we used the Baldface Knob Trail to connect with the Baldface Circle Trail, which was fairly steep taking us to South and North Baldface Mountains. What a nice, strenuous, and varied loop trail! Note that there are a couple of brooks back towards the beginning/end of the loop, but not in the middle of the loop.

Hiked this with my 12 year old daughter. We went up south and down north after reading suggestions from other reviews. I definitely would reccomend this route. The rock slide is way to steep to go down and nerve wracking going up - steep rocks without much to grab onto to secure your footing. Make sure you have good shoes that grip. Take a minute on the rock slide to look around and enjoy the breathtaking views. The hike all together was great with incredible views! It took us 6 hours to hike the loop, bring lots of water and snacks :)

Quite a Challenge for a pair of summits below 4'000 feet. Very beautiful 360' views of Presidential Range, all the way south to Chocorua and east into the mountains of Maine. No reliable water. It's an 8 hour hike if you stop along the way. Leave yourself plenty of time.

Tough yet rewarding hike w gorgeous 360 views from both summits. Trail is well kept and well-marked.

Awesome hike :) very long and steep going south. Emerald pool was perfect at the end. My feet are toast. We took a ton of breaks to pick blueberries.

I'd suggest doing the hike clockwise. Awesome rock scramble on South Baldface! Don't forget bug spray. My partner and I are fairly quick hikers - we finished the hike in ~6.5 hours with a long lunch break at the top of North Baldface. Overall, incredible hike!

Beautiful open views. Cool scrambles up to south peak. Would not recommend on a wet or rainy day.

Awesome hike with great views for a majority of the time. Took a wrong turn coming down off North Baldface ending up on Bicknell Ridge trail for part of descent. Views were still incredible. Once I realized it, I was able to reconnect to loop trail via Eagle Cascade trail. Very windy and cool. No bugs, which was nice.

This is one of the most enjoyable hikes I've ever done. The ledge climbing going up the South Trail was a blast!

We went up South and back North...this was definitely the route to go. South was a challenge but worth the views! North wasn't too much of a challenge on the way down. 100% recommend stopping by the emerald pools! Really cold but so fun.