Baldface Trail

Baldface Trail is a 9.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Intervale, New Hampshire that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Take this wonderful loop hike over two beautiful bald peaks with fantastic views towards the taller White Mountains. This is a loop hike with several fun stream crossings and a lot of views at the top of both peaks and along the ridge. As their name implies, both peaks have bald summits and in some steep places you may find yourself on fun scrambles. There will be fantastic views on clear days towards the taller White Mountains including Mt. Washington which dominates the horizon.

Great trip w Boston AMC - young members click below to see our route and photos along the way. Great weather lots of bugs! https://www.alltrails.com/explore/recording/baldface-circle--2?p=-1

This trail in general is patches of muck sporadically throughout. The rock scramble would be dangerous in anything but dry conditions I think. Bugs were pretty bad today- black flies and mosquitoes. Sounds like it was more than usual from locals. Lots of up and then lots of down, with a lovely view from the top in between. We did baldface circle to baldface knob and took slippery brook down. About 7.5 miles and 2600 elevation gain.

fly fishing

The pool looks incredible.i am wondering if any of yo jave found any pools that are similar but a bit larger or deeper to hold trout .I am a fly fisherman and release all trout unharmed.Thanks

One of my favorites the Whites have to offer. Went up the south and down the north in the rain, and while footing was a little sketchy we managed alright. No visibility and it was still gorgeous with the foliage. You get above the timberline early so you're rewarded for a while and quickly. What I enjoyed was the size and difficulty of the trail. For experienced hikers it's an easy trail with just enough elevation of beauty for it to feel worth it, and for beginners it could be a nice challenge but definitely doable. Happy trails

Super sketchy going up South when wet!!! Careful! And I wouldn't call this dog friendly as I had to lift up dogs many times when we had to scale chest high walls. Beautiful area but would suggest doing this trail when dry and dog free. With rain and wind we had to circle back on Slippery Brook Trail which was a lovely decent.

This trail was amazing! Definitely take the south trail up the mountain. Beautiful views & definitely surpassed expectations. Did the whole loop, well worth it.

Hiked this trail two days ago. The fall foliage was beautiful. We went up south and down north. I could not imagine ever going down south. Heading up the mountain has some very steep parts where the slippery rock is flat with nothing to grab onto. It took us 7ish hours relaxing and walking. The views are well worth the effort. I love how doing the loop allows you to actually see the mountain that you hiked!

Fabulous hike with my son who made the hike look effortless. The day was clear and mild so the views were exceptional. We descended via the Slippery Brook Trail. Though parking lot full we did not encounter many people during the day. We did meet someone trimming the growth near Bald face summit - he has quite a garden.

First off, the views are spectacular and well worth the difficult/challenging trek to the top. I'd like to thank the reviewers who recommended going up the south face first, I couldn't imagine trying to go down that after the long journey - very steep. Went on a dry day, so it was perfect, definitely exposed to the elements and could see this being very difficult in the rain.

Great hike but definitely challenging. Views were amazing. Tough rock climbing for dog as we approached the summit.

One of our favorite hikes! Challenging rock ledges on the south face but worth the effort. Beautiful views when you very above the trees and certainty groin the South Knob and the summit.

Would definitely recommend going up the southern side.

Monday, June 06, 2016

One of my favorite hikes! It's a 'bear' of a climb up to the rock ledges. Met a 'beary' nice friend just below the shelter. Miles of exposure at the top, so be prepared to face the elements. Rock face is definitely slick when wet, and is just enough of a slope to be sketchy. Kickass views! Circle Trail can be done in 4 hours on a nice day by a well-conditioned hiker.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Make sure to take the short trip off the path to see Chandler gorge. Beautiful! Hard hike, would not do if wet, but an amazing loop on a dry day. Emerald pool is really nice, but smaller than I expected. Therr are nicer swimming spots if that is your main reason to visit, like the pot holes in Sandwhich, sculptured rock in Groton, or the falls headed up to the cog railway to name a few. I would definitely take the time to stop at the pool as it is a great spot.