Arethusa Falls and Frankenstein Cliff Trail

Arethusa Falls and Frankenstein Cliff Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bartlett, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Bartlett, NH: Travel north approximately 12 miles on US 302 to the park entrance. Soon after entering the park, you will see a parking lot on your left specifically for this waterfall trail.

Awesome, absolutely gorgous views and pictures.

****WE FOUND AN ENGAGEMENT RING NEAR THE PARKING LOT IF YOU LOST ONE PLEASE CONTACT ME**** 11/15/17

scottcmcdaniel94@yahoo.com

Hiked up Arethusa Falls and around the loop to Frankenstein cliff trail loop.
At this time of year with a little snow on the ground....Arethusa Falls was fairly easy. Coming down the Frankenstein Cliff trail was definitely more difficult.
Great trip overall!

Hiked this trail last august. Didn't know about this app then. The waterfalls hike is beautiful and a great spot to rest and relax before heading to the cliff. Hike up to the cliff is very challenging but the view at sunset is amazing. Absolutely amazing. Hiking back down in the dark was a bit tricky but doable once reaching the railroad tracks.

My wife and I just completed this trail. Awesome views ... the falls are beautiful. That being said it is definitely a workout. The beginning of the trail is hard to follow because of numerous downed trees. After the train trestle it's up hill all the way. We Where lucky to catch the train heading back down to North Conway. No not a ride just a view as it made it's way past us....would do this one a gain for sure....

If you want to do the falls and not be disappointed with a pretty easy and highly trafficked out and back hike start with frankstein cliffs. It knocks out the steep parts in the beginning of the home rather than dragging it out by going to the falls first. We did it with our 90lb dog and carried our kid on our back. I'd agree with the hard description it is given. Had to pick up the dog in a few spots to help over the rocks but all in all a good workout. If it's going to be a hot day, I'd start early.

Definitely go up the Cliff side. Really fun hike. It can be quick. Going up the Cliff is steep, but quick. Views at the top are great and the waterfall towards the other end is a great reward.

So I listened to Elaine's advise from a previous review and I am so glad I did. GO UP the cliff and over to the falls, not the other way around. There is a lot of loose dirt and rocks and now that peak foliage has past the ground is covered with leaves making foot placement is unreliable. Plus you'll get the hard climb out of the way first and have an easy descent. Gorgeous views, not too packed this time of year, took me 3.5 hours but I hike slow and take lots of pictures :)

We hiked up the Frankenstein cliff trail then over to Arethusa Falls via the Bemis falls trail. Glad we went up the cliff trail first since as other reviewers have pointed out the soil is loose and sandy. The trail on the way up is very pretty and the views from the cliff are great. The yellow dot trail down to the Falls is steep but not scary, I never used my poles or did the sit and slide. The smaller falls and pools are a bonus and would be nice to cool of in on a hot day. Total time from parking lot and back was just over 4 hours. I am a 57 year old woman in good shape.

Great hike. Inexperienced should start on the Falls side and finish with the Cliff trail decent. Trust me you'll be happy you did.

Very difficult loose rock steep worth the hike come prepared