Arethusa Falls and Frankenstein Cliff Trail

Arethusa Falls and Frankenstein Cliff Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bartlett, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Bartlett, NH: Travel north approximately 12 miles on US 302 to the park entrance. Soon after entering the park, you will see a parking lot on your left specifically for this waterfall trail.

One of my favorites has a great climb to a cool waterfall. It can be a bit crowded near the falls.

Amazing trail Beautiful views

what an amazing day...we went inon the Bemis Trail and the falls were spectacular..of course we had heavy rain the day before so this hike was perfect timing...on to Arethusa Falls ...it was absolutely beautiful and such a calming to be there...we then took to Frankenstein Cliff which was a spectacular view...beware if you're afraid of heights..lol...then on out to which we came to the train trussel of the Conway Scenic Railroad...it was an awe ..never thought I can say I went under it rather than over on a train....just fun....

It was beautiful but took much longer than anticipated . My kids were troopers but this may be tough for some it took us more like 5 hours

Awesome

We hiked up to the falls and down frankenstein. If you are doing the whole loop, you should definitely go the other way, as others suggested.
The hike up to the falls is not too challenging, though it is mostly up. Probably just under hour, maybe 45 minutes. The falls are beautiful. A lot of people go this way, because they are just going to the falls and back. 4.5/5
The last mile or so going down frankenstein was very challenging. The ground was mostly loose dirt that tumbled down as we hiked. Since the trail was so steep, we had many near-trips. The last leg of the hike took forever and was not fun. 2/5

Great hike, great view

Great hike! Big pay off for the view of the falls. We did the hike w/ three kiddos between the ages of 6 -8; they did fabulous. Plan on an hour up & an hour back, factoring in time to hang out & enjoy the falls.

This was an awesome hike. We only did the trail to Arethusa falls and I would rate it as moderate. It was a great hike and I consider myself a beginner. The falls were very high, not a ton of water coming off them. Still a spectacular site to see.

This hike was a nightmare with family and it was a trainreck!!!!!i have no idea why this is moderate this deserves an xtra xtra hard status!!!the whole hike is straight up your better off mountain climbing it!!!