Arethusa Falls and Frankenstein Cliff Trail

Arethusa Falls and Frankenstein Cliff Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bartlett, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Bartlett, NH: Travel north approximately 12 miles on US 302 to the park entrance. Soon after entering the park, you will see a parking lot on your left specifically for this waterfall trail.

So I listened to Elaine's advise from a previous review and I am so glad I did. GO UP the cliff and over to the falls, not the other way around. There is a lot of loose dirt and rocks and now that peak foliage has past the ground is covered with leaves making foot placement is unreliable. Plus you'll get the hard climb out of the way first and have an easy descent. Gorgeous views, not too packed this time of year, took me 3.5 hours but I hike slow and take lots of pictures :)

We hiked up the Frankenstein cliff trail then over to Arethusa Falls via the Bemis falls trail. Glad we went up the cliff trail first since as other reviewers have pointed out the soil is loose and sandy. The trail on the way up is very pretty and the views from the cliff are great. The yellow dot trail down to the Falls is steep but not scary, I never used my poles or did the sit and slide. The smaller falls and pools are a bonus and would be nice to cool of in on a hot day. Total time from parking lot and back was just over 4 hours. I am a 57 year old woman in good shape.

Great hike. Inexperienced should start on the Falls side and finish with the Cliff trail decent. Trust me you'll be happy you did.

Very difficult loose rock steep worth the hike come prepared

Great hike with nice some nice views. Falls are a plus. Would rate this the difficult side of moderate.

Very pretty hike

One of my favorites has a great climb to a cool waterfall. It can be a bit crowded near the falls.