Ann Stokes Loop is a 2.3 mile loop trail located near Hinsdale, New Hampshire that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 469 feet Route Type: Loop

Great trail!

What a beautiful trail! Great for the family with good combination of exploring and workout. A bit wet but very well maintained ... I’ll definitely be back to try out the other trails.

I would recommend this trail for its different levels of trails as well as beautiful views. Some trails have been re-routed due to muddy conditions and wash-out, but definately worth the trip.

Several areas rerouted because of mud. A couple great look outs.

flooded

This is easily one of my top 5 trails to hike. From the view at the top, to Indian Pond, to the ruins, it’s a mystical and beautiful place to experience. The streams are rushing this time of year with all of the snowmelt and rain, so there’s a peaceful sound of moving water throughout the trail. We didn’t see many other hikers on the trail, which was nice - we had the pond and pinnacle to ourselves. You’ll definitely want to wear Bogs or waterproof hiking boots this time of year. Many parts of the trail are washed out and muddy, and at other parts you need to cross streams (luckily there are rocks that you can hop across). The road to get to Madame Sherri’s Forest is muddy and rutted at this time, so you’ll want AWD or 4-WD so you don’t get stuck. As other reviewers mentioned, it is sad to see the graffiti on the ruins. Nonetheless, I highly recommend trying out this hike if you’ve never been before. There are steep and rocky parts, lots of roots and rocks on the trail, and very wet and flooded in spots, so I would agree with the moderate rating.

This trail is "just ok". A shame because we wanted our engagement photos taken here. My annoyance is most likely due to just how congested this trail was with inexperienced hikers and kids climbing the ruins. They're historic and fragile, and in my opinion should not be climbed on. Apart from that I was severely underwhelmed by the beautiful stonework and remains of the castle due to the amount of graffiti and vandalism to the ruins. So take it with a grain of salt, understand that there's LOTS of foot traffic, and try to overlook all the spraypaint. On to the actual trail: muddy this time of year, but markings are clear, and there is plenty of elevation gain for beginners. There are some nice vistas, but again, good luck trying to access it when the trail is congested.

Love coming here all seasons ... no one on the trail today, which made it serene and even more beautiful. (Obviously ignore the trailing end of my recording, where I left it on as I drove away lol.. was too hyped to get back to warmth after snowy 22F)

icy

Decided to give this trail a try since it had good reviews. Started the trail at approximately 7:40 a.m. and it was about 24 degrees outside. The ground was hard so it will be advised to get some nice style boot cleats too attached to bottom of your hiking shoes.I took the Anne Stokes trail which was decently marked and I just basically followed the older footprints in the snow. At one point it had some really good views but the majority of the trail hiking is in the woods.They rated this trail as moderate which I would agree for in the winter but the other three seasons I would rate this as an easy trail. At the end of the hike I decided to check out the castle. Next time I'll try to find the mine on this property.

nice easy 1 hour and 15 min hike. I would rate this as more easy than moderate. of course the main attraction is the stone ruins/staircase.

Nice hike but all the leafs made it a little trick in the rocky terrain. I missed my poles as it was pretty slippery.

Great trail - really really slick coming down the rock side after a rain storm. But it wasn’t terrible, did it with a new puppy and some old vans slip-ons so I probably should have had shoes with a better grip. It was a little humid from all the moisture but it was beautiful to see the overlook at the top of the loop. Would love to do it again, some parts were steep to climb.

This trail is a perfect afternoon get away. Although it's only just over 2 miles, it is a true moderate trail. There is just enough elevation climb, scramble over rock and roots, and incredible views to be more than satisfying! (walk just off trail to the right about mid way thru, for some great views of the country side) Also, the castle ruins are wonderful!

What a beautiful hike. The foliage was perfect, would highly recommend. Not buggy at all, which was nice.

Really enjoyed this trail, the castle remains were really great. Just as a note if you do the castle first, go back to where you started to do the Ann Stokes loop, we followed a clear path up the mountain from the ruins and could never find where it connected.

Awesome trail for all ages. Very well maintained!!! The ruins were a great little addition. Beautiful view from the summit. Don’t pass up on this trail