Amonoosuc Ravine Trail

Amonoosuc Ravine Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Thompson And Meserves, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

This trail is very rewarding with varying views of the Presidentials around each turn . The pools and waterfalls are spectacular. There is some scrambling to do about two thirds of the way up. Coming down is a challenge in places which I faced by crab-walking many times. I'm a bit of a chicken and only too familiar with sore muscles if I fall. You see, I'm "older". It took my friend and I about 7 hours to complete. We stopped only briefly for lunch and were forced to eat away fro the peak as there was a huge hatching of flying insects.

Loved this trail...it pops you right out at the Lakes of the Clouds Hut. The blazing was not good but we managed. The water features we're spectacular and the actual trail was well maintained. there are several water crossings so waterproof shoes are a must. I can't claim that there we saw views since we hiked in dense fog and rain....but I imagine it is spectacular on a clear day.