Amonoosuc Ravine Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Thompson And Meserves, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail and dog friendly. Only brings you the the hut, so be prepared to hike another 1.5 or so and gain a bit more elevation if you want to summit Washington.

This is a great trail and I found it to be very rigorous. Great views on a clear day as we had one on 8-24-18. You will have to use ‘all fours’ numerous times on the boulders but it’s well worth it. My wife and I hike from the parking lot of the Cog Railway to the Mt Washington summit and took the train back. We’re in our late 40s, a little out of shape but used to hiking. It took us about 4 hours to hike to the summit. We did take time to enjoy the views, take pictures, eat lunch and visit with several hikers. We probably could have done it in about 3-3.5 had we just stopped to rest. I would recommend the Jewell Trail to those not ready to climb over boulders on all fours. It will Take you to the summit as well but it’s much less difficult. All Trails rates the Ammonoosuc as moderate. It’s on the hard side of moderate to be sure. Enjoy and happy hiking!

Friday, September 29, 2017

This trail is very rewarding with varying views of the Presidentials around each turn . The pools and waterfalls are spectacular. There is some scrambling to do about two thirds of the way up. Coming down is a challenge in places which I faced by crab-walking many times. I'm a bit of a chicken and only too familiar with sore muscles if I fall. You see, I'm "older". It took my friend and I about 7 hours to complete. We stopped only briefly for lunch and were forced to eat away fro the peak as there was a huge hatching of flying insects.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Loved this trail...it pops you right out at the Lakes of the Clouds Hut. The blazing was not good but we managed. The water features we're spectacular and the actual trail was well maintained. there are several water crossings so waterproof shoes are a must. I can't claim that there we saw views since we hiked in dense fog and rain....but I imagine it is spectacular on a clear day.

recorded Track - Jul 14, 05:30 PM