Adams Point Trail is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Durham, New Hampshire that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.7 miles Elevation Gain: 16 feet Route Type: Loop

Beautiful trail! I wish it were longer, because it’s a great combo of interesting terrain but not too hard for a casual walk.

Loved this trail, great for all. Drop offs in some areas so be mindful of little kids and running. Views are great.

Great trail, very muddy though.

Easy but a nice cross selection of terrain that keeps it interesting.

Sat May 18 2019

Lots of poison ivy and active bees/wasps. Beautiful views of the bay. Kids loved taking several “breaks” to skip and chuck rocks into the ocean.

Mon May 06 2019

Flat trail, lots of beautiful views of the bay, I come here all the time but I’m surprised it’s listed as moderate, this trail is really short and really easy. Still worth the walk though, I always run into some kind of awesome wildlife or wildflowers.

Fri Apr 26 2019

beautiful walk in the woods with my son and our dog. We spent some time along the shore line as well.

Sun Apr 07 2019

This is a flat trail. There is a lot of access to the shore of Great Bay. It took us about an hour taking our time. We stopped at the shore for a little bit.

Wed Feb 06 2019

muddy today

Sat Sep 01 2018

Love this trail! I took my dog and he loved being able to play in the water. There are several points on the trail to make your way over to the water which is nice. We’re definitely going back.

Sun Aug 26 2018

A really enjoyable hike...beautiful water and forest views. comfortable but somwhat rocky terrain.

Wed Jul 18 2018

great little hike, tons of poison ivy so beware. many more trails than what this map indicates.

Sat May 05 2018

Another super place to hike in town. There's no beach but u can go for a swim if u don't mind rocks.

Tue Feb 20 2018

This is a quaint walk, gorgeous to see at sunset!

Sun Aug 07 2016

A beautiful place. A nice loop through varied terrain along great bay. Beautiful views and a nice breeze even on hot days. In early August there's a bumper crop of wild blackberries. The only downside is poison ivy growth that can only be described as an infestation.

Sat Jul 09 2016

The trail is well maintained and marked. Friendly for kids and dogs. There are also spots where you can stop to get a decent view of the bay, or launch a canoe. All in all a good trail.

Sat Jul 02 2016

A fun little hike. Easy/Moderate terrain. Great views if you stay on the main trail. Beautiful views of the Great Bay. The only downfalls - parking is VERY limited and the dogs are almost all off leash.

Sat Jun 25 2016

Gorgeous!!!!

Sun Dec 27 2015

Nice walk with a group on Christmas day.

Mon Oct 06 2014

I wouldn't call this a hike. Easy walk for all levels. There is only one section that has some uneven terrain. Really beautiful walk with different vantage points of the bay. Very little parking. Some spots initially at kayak launch, then a few spots by research center. Essentially a one way road in and out with no room to park on the side.

Fri Aug 22 2014

I went snowshoeing here last winter and loved it; I'll definitely be returning this winter, too. The views of Great Bay are excellent, often with swans, geese or ducks paddling around in the still water. Look for deer prints in the snow and take care on the ledges overlooking the ocean, which are usually icy, even when covered in snow. Also, although I have never seen them, my friends claim you can see bald eagles nesting in the trees along the ledges in the winter.

Sat May 03 2014

My girlfriend and I love this trail. We've been several times and plan on returning.

Thu Apr 19 2012

Nice trails through woodlands and down to the Great Bay. Any song birds, ocean birds and animals t o observe.