White Rock Spring to Willow Spring Trail

White Rock Spring to Willow Spring Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Las Vegas: Travel ten miles west along State Route 159. Once at the Red Rock Canyon Visitor Center turn northwest onto a paved road. Continue on the paved road until the Upper White Rock Springs parking lot.

First full day in Las Vegas, so of course I #OptOutside. Really enjoyed this entire area; I did wander off the trail and did some off-trail hike. Peaceful, no other hikers the entire time I was out here. I was a bit disappointed at the lack of critters, but I guess too much human traffic keeps everyone hidden 'till dark.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

It was good.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Monday, October 20, 2014

Good beginner trail to test out if it something you would want to further pursue

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sunday, January 12, 2014

I've hiked around Red Rock quite a few times only because I live in Vegas and its the closest National Park for miles. It's not my favorite park. The trails are confusing, not well marked and easy to get lost in. This is one of the better marked trails but it crosses others trails so you have to be careful to stay on track. It's long with a minimal climb. I didn't see any wildlife but I've heard you can see bighorn sheep if you're lucky. It's okay and a nice break from Vegas but not my favorite.

Monday, September 09, 2013

The rock formations you hike by are interesting if your not from around Vegas! I hear there are better hikes but I enjoyed it while visiting from Northern California. I saw a taranchula Eating wasp which is fascinating looking.

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

By itself this hike is kinda boring, however joining it to another trail makes it worth the while. I like take the willow springs trail to the white rock/la madre trail. This makes a complete loop around the white rock.

Monday, August 23, 2010

They have an 11 mile loop option which was gorgeous! We got to see some big horn sheep. Great time of year to go out was out in March!