White Rock / La Madre Springs Loop Trail

White Rock / La Madre Springs Loop Trail is a 7.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and birding and is best used from September until March. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Discover this hidden oasis among vermillion cliffs, at the end of a creek bed path. If you've hiked the White Rock Hills Loop, you've seen the brilliantly colored red, vermilion, and cream colored rocks in this park-like area. They are located just E of the upper end of the loop trail. I don't recommend reaching this area from that trail; however, because many people have done that and created a myriad of foot paths which have torn up the slope. This boulder hopping route is fun and easy to follow. Water in the streambed isn't usually a problem - very rare and not very much water flows through here. There is some brush and trees you'll have to work your way through, but as long as you follow the streambed, you shouldn't have any problem. The park area itself is north facing and low, so ice and snow remain longer there than anywhere else on White Rock Hill. Be careful if you climb the cliffs above, they are rugged, much steeper than they look, and definitely not safe for children to climb around on. The park is a great little secret!

I only went to the springs (1.7 miles) I enjoyed myself! Beautiful views! I had some less experienced hikers who said it was not worth the distance but I disagree.

awesome hike. beautiful Rock formation.

Added the La Madre Springs leg to this trips White Rock loop. Good overall hike and trails.

It was a difficult hike, lots of rocks and thin walk ways. According to my gearfit it was a total of 9 miles not 6 like the sign said. Im not sure if we trailed off but there are very few signs and lots of trails to follow so it can get confusing. it is really beautiful when you get up there! I enjoyed it but I wouldn't call it moderate, bring lots of water and great hiking shoes otherwise your feet are gonna hurt!

Great Trail. All skill levels can enjoy this. Would suggest hiking the trail counterclockwise for better views. I would definitely enjoy doing this Trail again and again.

Trail is a pleasant hike overall, but not my first choice at Red Rock Canyon. As other reviewers have pointed out, there are stretches of the white rock loop which are relatively uninteresting views of desert and gravel. Aside from a bit of incline, the path is fairly easy and I would rate as moderate. The northwestern portion of the loop gives you some beautiful views and are certainly worth seeing. As for the springs, they weren't very impressive when we visited in November, but we were told that in spring after the rain, they are fuller and quite beautiful.

Beginning is all gravel. Pretty easy and boring. At the end you can go to the water fall and it gets a lot more fun and interesting Came across a nice-sized tarantula on the way back

Such a great hike. Beautifull views.

First mile is all gravel and sucks. Next three miles have great views and are fun. Last two miles are just ok. Don't do the spring it's just some murky water.

Great! Very beautiful trail!

This was a great hike!!! We calculated 9.7 miles in 3hrs. The scenery is beautiful!!!