Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

White Rock Hills Loop Trail is a 6.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,135 feet Route Type: Loop

Bighorn Sheep area, canyon views, wooded climbs, and a well marked trail. This loop trail at Red Rock Canyon near Las Vegas, Nevada is a study in contrast. You are always in the Mojave Desert, but it looks markedly different depending on your elevation and the amount of precipitation the area gets. With the White Rock Loop, you see typical desert plants. On the west side of the mountain, hidden from the Scenic Drive, is a hidden forest of juniper and pinyon. It's a great contrast to the barren east side.

Great trail. Did it backwards and from the top parking lot. Perfect overcast day.

Beautiful easy but also very long trail. It took us almost 6 hrs to complete it, but we took a lot of breaks to take pictures and enjoy the beautiful diversity of landscapes. It’s incredible, we saw the desert, pine trees and snowy mountains all on the same trail, a definite must see and hike trail If you have time, it almost doesn’t get any better

Nice loop to run - not breathtaking views, but pleasant

Great for trail running. Some good elevation and great scenery along the way.

Beautiful, yet easy trail. Great for a quick hike if you’re in Vega and want to get out of the strip for a little nature.

2h30, anti clockwise, the first half is stunning (stay on the right at the beginning, not in the wash) but the other half is a little boring and long.

Great morning hike. Incredible views. Well marked

great trail with varying terrain and views.

Great hike. Many wildflowers and unique vegetation. Breeze was delightful. Bring lots of water!! Clockwise Loop was perfect!!

Nice sunset into evening hike. Beautiful sound of crickets. Saw some cool Glow worms tonight and a rattlesnake

Mon May 27 2019

fantastic hike - especially when you get away from the parking lots as the crowds thin considerably half a mile in. we started the hike from a different parking lot than the one recommended but loved it even more for it as the hike becomes scenic right away (going anti-clockwise). definitely moderate to easy for regular hikers.

Sun May 26 2019

Tough jog, ideally you would walk it first with a map so you know your way on a run. There are a couple breaks that can be confusing. Great jog early in the morning.

Mon May 20 2019

Great scenery and views. Do take a map as we took a wrong turn and ended up walking another 2-3 miles. We went on a cool day so it wasn’t that bad.

Sun May 12 2019

We hiked this on Mother’s Day morning and it was fabulous! We parked at Willow Springs parking lot and did the loop clockwise. This gets the hardest uphill done at the beginning of the hike and puts the sun is at your back at the end. We started at 7:15am and it took us 3 hours at a steady pace. Beautiful flowers and stunning rock formations on the entire hike. Take plenty of water, it’s hot and exposed by 10:30am.

Wed May 08 2019

Fun hike that we did in February a few years ago. Perfect temperature at that time. Remember to bring enough water if doing in the summer.

recorded White Rock Hills Loop Trail

Sun Apr 21 2019

One of our new favorites. The first mile is usually tough but on miles 2-4 it was nice easy footing and allowed for a nice jog.

Thu Apr 11 2019

Coming from Jacksonville Florida, where it is flat, it was a good challenge. The loop offers different views and terrains throughout 6 mile hike.

Mon Apr 08 2019

Cool trail. I went half way where it splits into going up Madre’s spring and decided to trek back.

Thu Apr 04 2019

Always a good, quick hiking workout.

Sat Mar 30 2019

I started from the Willow Springs Parking area and worked my way counter clockwise. I started at 7am and finished around 12am with a German Shepeard tagging along. We took several breaks, but had i done it alone I estimate it would take me about 3 hours or so. The back end of White Rocks is beautiful and having started early was covered in shade for almost the entirety of the back section. rounding the north end of the loop and the east end, I was getting hit by the sun the entire way. 2 40oz Hydroflasks were a little lacking, but i was sharing my water with my pup, if it was just me, i think they would have been more than enough. Over all it was a really fun and relaxed trail, there were also some boulders along the way that seemed like cool projects to work on for bouldering.

Wed Mar 27 2019

Awesome trail! Beautiful views on the back side of White Rock Mountain. We went counter clockwise and didn’t run into anyone else until we came close to the La Madre Spring trail. We started at White Rock Spring Trailhead. The picnic area and parking lot at Willow Spring was very crowded. Would definitely do it again!

Sat Mar 23 2019

This is a great exercise trail. I was walking but I saw several trail runners. I would recommend starting early and going counter clockwise from the petroglyphs parking lot. This starts you off with sun, but makes the views jaw dropping once you make the turn to the backside of the mountain. I would peg this as moderate, but maybe the easier side of moderate. Neither the uphill nor the down hill are egregiously steep.

Sun Mar 17 2019

Loved it! Some parts of the hike were amazing. We didn't see any animals but we saw a beautiful blue bird, I wish I can post some pictures... We finished the hike in 3 hours, we couldn't stop much, but just for pictures because was at the end of the day. I will go on this hike again but for sure earlier so I can take my time with those beautiful spots.

Mon Mar 11 2019

On the easy side of moderate ...we hiked in early March on a perfectly sunny, cool day. Most of the time we felt like we had the trail all to ourselves though occasionally we met others going clockwise while we were hiking counterclockwise. Enjoyed the varied scenery and vegetation. I imagine it would be quite hot in the summer. Be sure to take water.

Tue Mar 05 2019

Great way to get away from the crowds. The landscape on the backside of White Rock is surprising, with green pine trees contrasting a red clay trail. I recommend starting from the La Madre trailhead, as opposed to the White Rock lot, so you begin by ascending and descend on the way back. Great elevated views just before rounding the mountain.

Thu Feb 28 2019

Lots of things that can stick you or prick you. Lol. Amazing hike .

Thu Feb 28 2019

Great workout, views are amazing.

Mon Feb 18 2019

hiked the Trail 2/13/19. I was there at first light and was the only person on the trail. I saw my first other group at about mile 4 hiking in from the La Madre Springs trail head. that's was the only group I saw, the trail was snowy and muddy at some parts. however I was early and most of the mud was still frozen from the night befor. its was an amazing view. highly reccomend.