White Rock Hills Loop Trail

White Rock Hills Loop Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Big horn sheep area, canyon views, wooded climbs, well marked trail. This loop trail at Red Rock Canyon near Las Vegas, Nevada is a study in contrast. You are always in the Mojave Desert, but it looks markedly different depending on your elevation and the amount of precipitation the area gets. With the White Rock Loop, you see typical desert plants. On the west side of the mountain, hidden from the Scenic Drive, is a hidden forest of juniper and pinyon. It's a great contrast to the barren east side.

I didn't care for the scenery..hike was challenging enough tho

I was told by other trail runners to run this trail counter-clockwise and the views along the trail will be much prettier. An employee at the visitor center recommended to go clockwise instead. He also told me the trail was not runnable and it was too dangerous to run. He was very nice, but I'm not sure he had much experience with trail running. I went with the advice of others who ran it before and decided to go counter clockwise, and try to run the parts I could. I was very surprised when I got out there. It was definitely runnable, even with snow and ice on the ground. I can understand why others recommended to go counter-clockwise. The views were stunning. Trail shoes are a must - the rocks will eat your feet up. The trail was very easy to follow and never felt like I was lost.

Not used to desert trails so this was interesting. Had some really beautiful views. It was a bit of a push the last bit or so. The dogs' pads were full of burrs and after that we got them some boots. Was nice terrain (for us humans at least) and some very nice views. Would not do this in summertime but during December it was great - even with a pretty significant temperature drop.

Very beautiful!! Lots of different vegetation and rock formations. The last two miles from Willow Springs picnic area are a demanding.

Good trail and very scenic. Was a bit rainy the night and morning but was nice and cool during the hike. Great scenery and several birds seen. Cut several Bighorn and Mule deer tracks but unfortunately no sightings. There is always next time.

What a wonderful experience.. When you reach the summit and make the turn, the whole green valley stretches out before you. Great great hike. The last mile on the return is a little bit of a push. Can't wait wait to do this one again.

Wonderful hike. Great views and a little bit of a challenge for the last mile. I would recommend not hiking this trail during the summer months. You are exposed during the last half to the trail.

easy to get lost

Really nice trail to hike through different types of terrain. It's a nice loop that's easy to follow. I did a winter hike when we had snow on the ground and it was a beautiful hike.

My buddy and I started on the north trail and went all around it. It wasn't that bad, but the hot weather was not on our side. We found this awesome rock and we decided to have lunch there. The winds are very refreshing, but once you pass the "La Madre" trail it gets very hot.

Definitely a pet friendly and bike trail.