Learn more

Wetlands Park Nature Preserve Loop is a 1.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Henderson, Nevada that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Length 1.5 mi Elevation gain 19 ft Route type Loop

Photos (156)
Recordings (272)
Completed (719)
Yenny Santana
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 26, 2020
HikingMuddy
View Yenny's Recording
Bruce on the Loose
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 20, 2020
HikingBridge out

There was a fire here at some point leaving the pedestrian bridge that's on the route unpassable. I saw several fish and some turtles, otherwise the highlights were the "rapids" where the water is rushing over rocks near the larger bridge. There is virtually no shade on this trail, in summer it is full sun full heat baking.

View Bruce's Recording
Niko Queen
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 21, 2020
HikingBugs

Very dirty and full of garbage, not suitable for playing with children

Ryan T.
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 5, 2020

has potential but no water, wildlife and felt like i was walking through an episode of Breaking Bad...

Brenda Corona
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 27, 2020
Hiking

Very easy trail. Not much of hiking mostly a nice walk.

André Reis
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 20, 2020
View André's Recording
Richard S.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarApril 19, 2020
Walking

Since this was my first time there I don’t what it’s normally like, and I’m hoping it’s just a temporary condition due to inabilities for regular cleanup, but the area where the water comes in from the flood channel is full of unsightly garbage. If you keep to the inner paths you can avoid looking at it. I expected more actual wetlands and more wildlife. I did see a few ducks. I accomplished my goal of getting some exercise, sun, and air, but otherwise the sights were a bit uninteresting. It’s better than dodging traffic on the streets, and there are lots of different paths over a wide area, so it’s easy to keep distance from others. I’d been wanting to check it for awhile, and now that I have, I’ll leave it for the birds to enjoy.

Lakeecia Mashay
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 19, 2020

I seen new stuff I never seen before . DOPE

View Lakeecia's Recording
Armando R
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 17, 2020
WalkingBugsNo shade

I would recommend this trail mostly for beginners and families looking to go out for a stroll on flat grounds and see some wildlife. Stroller friendly, kid friendly just look out for lots of bugs.

View Armando's Recording
Ray Ray
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 16, 2020
Hiking

A lot bigger than I expected. Great Trails.

Lakeecia Mashay
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 11, 2020
Hiking

I saw a coyote and it saw me

Jodie Knowlton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 1, 2020
View Jodie's Recording
julie_journeys on instagram
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 30, 2020
Hiking

Many miles of trails to follow, I liked being near the river. It is so beautiful, but terribly sad to see the amount of trash. A community clean up day would greatly improve the feeling here and the environment. Saw plenty of birds, but the highlight for sure was seeing a coyote close by stepping on stones in the river - looking at some plump ducks. Follow my instagram for more adventures @julie_journeys

Israel Reyes
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 27, 2020
Hiking

Pros plenty of space to walk about, great sights. Cons There’s a bunch of trash near the stream

Joey Mccauley
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 26, 2020
HikingBridge out
View Joey's Recording
Jodie Knowlton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 24, 2020
View Jodie's Recording
Savannah Francesco
Nature tripsBridge outBugsOff trail

My only complaint was the trash in the water wish people could clean it up.

View Savannah's Recording
Seth Richesson
HikingBugsOff trail
View Seth's Recording
John LaFever
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 12, 2020
Hiking

What a great trail system right in the city. It’s flat, but it has so many options of trails you could choose different options on different days to get variety. Some are concrete “paved” and some are fairly well maintained fine gravel tightly packed. No bicycles, scooters, skates, etc. allowed, in order to not scare off wildlife, which is kind of nice for a change. Just walkers, strollers and joggers. No dogs allowed for the same reason! The trail system can be confusing if you don’t have a good sense of direction, but this Ap has GPS tracking on the map provided as long as you carry a smart phone and have plenty of battery, if not, then the Welcome Center gives out old fashion paper maps. I went in overcast, drizzly, non-typical Las Vegas weather, which was perfect for the wetlands. I would imagine it will be a little different when I come back in the heat, but then I’m a local! If you don’t make a lot of noise, you can see quite a lot of wildlife. I personally saw a lot of the birds, fish, and frogs. I was hoping to come across the Big Horn Sheep or Coyotes that are known to frequent the wetlands, but had to settle for tracks! Great exercise in the middle of the day without a huge amount of planning or a big driving trip out and back! I’ll be back!

Ashley Gries
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 29, 2020
HikingNo shade
View Ashley's Recording
Daniela Gomez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 20, 2020
View Daniela's Recording
Paula Hegedus
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 1, 2020

I got so lost. There are so many trails I got on one and couldn't find my way back. A lot of people around but I went too far down the wetlands and had to retrace my steps. Other than that I was amazingly beautiful.

Vegas Girl
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 26, 2020
Running

Great place to run in the city. I was a little confused where the different paths were leading. They crisscrossed all over the place. It was a beautiful, shady run in most places, lots of bird wildlife. I saw a family of 3 coyotes, which scared me for a sec but they took off after studying me for a minute. Dogs are not allowed here so they don’t scare the wildlife. I’ll be back!

Cindy Osborne
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 21, 2020
Hiking

Beautiful trail in the late winter through spring. The summer would probably not be a good time to be out here as there is not much shade. I came at the end of January temp 63. Midday was not busy. Felt like I was exploring all by myself. Very beautiful and easy trail.

View Cindy's Recording
Phelicia DeRosier
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 16, 2020
HikingBugs

This is a great trail for spotting wildlife and for a leisurely stroll. I would not conserve this really a hike but more of a nature walk. Lots of species of birds animals and bugs visible and water in the desert. Appropriate for children

View Phelicia's Recording
Steve Pender
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 9, 2020
Bugs

A very nice hike to do at different speeds. Some people use the paths for jogging and some for observing nature. No dogs or bikes allowed in the preserve because of the wildlife. If you're quiet you'll see rabbits, quail, ducks, cranes, coyotes, fish, turtles and frogs and maybe some other animals. Mosquito repellent is suggested. Be respectful and don't litter or damage the park and it'll be nice for everyone for a long time to come.