Water Canyon Trail

Water Canyon Trail is a 7.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Winnemucca, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until November.

After experiencing the closed off mine shaft trail, I can say that the views are great. The trail itself is well maintained and easy to hike on. Though, If you'd like to get an amazing view of the nearby town and surrounding area, I would recommend climbing the rest of the mountain when you get to the end of the trail; you'll get an amazing view while doing so.

Thanks BLM! What a unique treasure. I actually had to return at sunrise, after visiting at sunset.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

this is a beautiful Trail but it is not a loop it is up and back.

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

I wouldn't describe this trail as "hard" unless you are going up to the closed off mine shaft, as that has a stretch that is a bit difficult. There are two main trails here and it forks off pretty early. To the right is the trail that goes to the closed off mine shaft and has some decent views. To the left is, in my opinion, a better hike with a more gradual elevation climb and some shade for the summertime. I have yet to reach the end (hopefully soon!). Once I have done all the trails here, I will map them for AllTrails.

Tuesday, September 09, 2014

basically a ATV tail and for hikers followed 2 main trails both are out and back.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

I love walking/hiking in water canyon. I take my dog an he just love's going up here.