Valley of Fire Scenic Byway

Valley of Fire Scenic Byway is a 23.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Coyote Springs, Nevada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for nature trips, birding, and scenic driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 23.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,322 feet Route Type: Point to Point

scenic driving

Valley of Fire consists of bright red Aztec sandstone outcrops nestled in gray and tan limestone mountains. The sandstone is from the Jurassic period and is the remnant of the sand left behind by the wind after inland seas subsided and the land rose.

scenic driving

Very scenic road with stunning views. Take your time and take it in.

scenic driving

I loved Red Rock, but this place blew me away. More ewwwsss and ahhhsss around every corner. SOOO worth the drive! So many places to stop and get a closer look or hike, From rock formations to petroglyphs and scenic vistas that go on forever, what a day! Stop by the visitors center for even more views and education.

This is an easy to do trail on a beautiful sunny day with some slight wind. The scenery is gorgeous. Very kid and dog friendly. Is not strenuous at all. I hope there are more signs put up alerting people to stay off the rocks. I climbed up not knowing it was a sign that said do not climb the rocks. I hope this beautiful area is preserved for generations to come.

Monday, September 17, 2018

Visited the park on the way to Zion National Park and can honestly say I am very glad we did. The Valley of Fire SP does not disappoint. We were able to get in a couple of short rewarding hikes. The rock formations are very unique and interesting. Highly recommended.

Sunday, July 15, 2018

beautiful scenery. We saw 2 antelope in the road that refused to move and later We spotted a big horn sheep right off the road. We checked out several trails that day. Great for kids. Don't go midday summer, too hot.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

We entered the park from the Lake Mead side and drove through the Valley of Fire. Really cool rock formations - deep red and white strata, with some interesting short hikes and a couple of side roads too. Don't miss Elephant Rock - it really looks like an elephant! Great side trip if you are in Vegas. Don't forget to pay your state park fee if entering from the back.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Beautiful drive through the Valley of Fire State Park. Many short trails to enjoy all along the road.

Sunday, January 14, 2018