Upper Thomas Creek Trail

Upper Thomas Creek Trail is a 7.1 mile out and back trail located near Reno, Nevada. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Thomas Creek Trail is located near Reno, NV. The trail is primarily used for Hiking.

This trail does not make a loop unless you leave the main trail and follow the river for a stretch. I needed to use the app on my phone to find were the app trail left the main trail.

Great hike this morning despite the chill in the air. Nice trail, just wish people would keep there dogs on a leash. Looking forward to going back

Beautiful place

I've been hiking this trail for about 12 years and it's become heavily used at this point and the wear and tear is concerning. Also a lot of people bring their dogs off leash and leave excrement everywhere. Very often bags of waste are scattered all over as well. What bothers me the most are the mountain bikers. They are really degrading the trail at this point. Many are rude and expect a hiker to move out of the way at a moment's notice. There is heavy dust that hangs in the air after they go by. Other than that, can't beat the beautiful little creek, change of Aspen trees in the fall and the surrounding mountains.

Just love this hike. Gorgeous!

beautiful hike! nice and shady... I'll be back next time I'm in the area!

This was a good hike but the trail that All Trails shows is obsolete. Toward the turn around point the trail does not exist anymore. It is very over grown and there is now private property signs and fences blocking the older trail. Also when I finished the hike my miles were 7.7 miles but after I saved it the app now tracks the recording as 6.9 miles. So somewhere I lost almost a mile of hike. That is kind of disappointing.