Upper Thomas Creek Trail

Upper Thomas Creek Trail is a 7.1 mile out and back trail located near Reno, Nevada. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Thomas Creek Trail is located near Reno, NV. The trail is primarily used for Hiking.

Nicely maintained trail with a lot of tree coverage. Very popular. Many people on the trail this day (including dogs) - unfortunately almost all of the dogs were not leashed. Trail has a gradual incline with a couple decent inclines. Not too bad though. Creek was running nicely after our epic winter. Will do this trail again.

Beautifu wooded creek trail. We passed through the lower thomas creek trail, then went into the upper trail and followed the stream all the way with some creek jumps. We try to climb the final part of the upper taril however, there is still some thick snow covered the tiptilted trail, we had to give up. But this is a great trail and we will be back definetly.

Great trail. Follows the stream the entire way. I hike this one connecting to dry pond and back down Whites creek several times per week. As of today, there's only a small patch of snow left on the trail... not an obstacle.

our newest favorite hike. beautiful wooded area, and the creek jumping is fun. too much snow at the top towards the "Rim", than we were prepared for today. we will definetly be back!

Absolutely loved this trail. The hike by the creek and through the woods is calming, enjoyable, and made my day. As of April 2017, 2 miles (give or take) the trail/road is washed out. I had to turn back, didn't feel like taking a swim in the creek. I am definitely coming back to this trail on my next visit to Reno!

Loved it!!!

Wonderful hike. Even in the winter time.

Beautiful trail! The snow was pretty packed so the snow shoes weren't completely necessary, but I was still really thankful I had them at several points throughout the hike. My dog loved it too! Would definitely love to do this hike again, both in snow and warmer weather.

Beautiful day hike easy to moderate, good for the entire family.