Tom Cooke Trail

Tom Cooke Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Reno, Nevada that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I prefer the Hole in the Wall trail to this one. The difference of making a loop out of the trail doesn't add much scenery. It does add walking past fenced backyards and barking dogs. Trail was a mix of mud and snow after the last few days of snowfall. I would expect it to dry out quickly.

Very nice trail, very easy and chill, some unleashed dogs and a bit muddy at the end of the trail. I’ll recommend not going to finish the loop and turn back a quarter of the trail left to avoid muddy parts!

Another urban trail. With some views of downtown Reno at the top

Boring as far as scenery goes, but a good easy hike and my dog loves it.

Definitely not an easy trail at the beginning but very easy after the initial climb. The trail is not well marked but-with the help of GPS, you can’t get lost! A fair hike but nothing overwhelming.

A little confusing due to a walking/ biking trail there as well but a really great area and lots of other people.

Easy going trail.

The trail has several ancillary trails that may confuse, so be sure to zoom in while recording to ensure you're moving in the right direction (if that matters to you :) ). Some good climbs and descents in elevation. A couple of cool water features/landmarks, including the Hole in the Wall. The trail might facilitate a biking excursion for those who are ambitious enough.

Great loop! Steep hill at the very beginning (we had to use our hands a couple of times) but level after that and a few other folks on the trail even at sunrise. Nice parking lot with about 6-7 spots that were all full by the end of the hike. We had trouble navigating the very end of the trail (last 1/4 mile) as it seemed to lead through a marshy space so we doubled back and walked through residential area to our car.

Great trail along a man made river. Steep incline in beginning is the most strenuous part and then it's easy for the rest of the trail.

awesome trail run!

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Cool but busy trail. Some fall color in the area in October.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Nice hike- there was heavy equipment working part of the trail, so went back. We will try this one again!!!

Monday, April 17, 2017

Great trail for beginners looking to get into hiking.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Not a bad little hike. Small creek to cross. Popular trail for dog walkers. Took about 75 minutes at a slinks pace.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Nice loop.

Monday, March 06, 2017

good local trail for a quick hike with a couple goos views..like running it from time to time

rock climbing
Saturday, December 03, 2016

Tom Cooke can suck it. Decent trail.

Monday, November 14, 2016

nice easy trail with great views of Reno. lots of side trails. perfect for spending a couple hours outdoors without driving far

Saturday, November 12, 2016

A good run!

Monday, November 07, 2016

an easy trail that is perfect for a quick afternoon trail that is close to town. The tunnel had no water but was nice to stand in the entrance and look to the light at the other end. I will be going back in the spring when it has water.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

We did this trail two days ago and loved it so much that we did it the next day as well. It is a beautiful hike with some great views. Our pups loved it and so did we! I highly recommend checking it out. We will definitely be back to this trail next time we return to Reno!

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Was a pretty easy hike, perfect for when you just want to enjoy the sun and talk with a friend.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Very steep in the beginning but overall a nice hike...took about 1 hour 15 minutes

Friday, August 26, 2016

Beautiful views after you get over the initial incline. My pup and I both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Not easy for beginners. It's rather steep at first, so if you are not used to hiking it will take some effort. Bring lots of water. There is no shade so wear sun block.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

awesome trail...although it gets a bit difficult to follow with a lot of overlapping trails. I take the trail going to the left amd circling around adjacent to the subdivision at the end of the hike...that first part of the trail is steep. however, when you get to the ditch it levels out and is a very easy trail (and pretty)

Friday, June 24, 2016

great for a decent hike. my dog loved it too.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

My dog and I love this place. Nice steep hills in the beginning and end, but flat up by steamboat ditch. You can go east or west on steamboat ditch since they have an access road right next to it. Lazy people leave their dog poop all over that road which is a bummer, but not too bad. You can walk from this trail east to hunter creek trail if you want a really long walk. Be careful with all the tall grass this time of year as there could be rattlesnakes and ticks, but that just in the beginning and end of the walk. Other than that I bring my dog here at least once a week and you can go anywhere from a 1 mile walk to 5 if you want. Nice safe place and it has a killer view of the river if you head east by steamboat ditch. It's at least 400 feet looking down to the river which makes for some pretty neat pictures.