Tahoe Rim to Spooner Lake

Tahoe Rim to Spooner Lake is a 18.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Incline Village, Nevada that features a great forest setting. The trail is only recommended for very experienced adventurers and primarily used for trail running, mountain biking, and snowshoeing. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

NOTE: Mountain biking is only allowed on the TRT portion of this trail on even days.

I enjoyed this leg of my TRT hike. Do bring a spare lip balm for helping the Marlette camp pump work. It was a bugger to get moving. Great cold water. Do include getting to the top of Marlette's Peak. I regret not doing so.

It does not get any better

Saturday, September 17, 2016

this trail it's amazing for mtb! until now my favorite!!!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

so far its my favorite trail!

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

My fiancé and I did the 23 mile from the Meadows to Spooner. It was difficult, but the views were spectacular. It took us about nine hours. We only wished we had done this on an even day when mountain bikers were not allowed on the path. We had to get out of the way every ten minutes or so.

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Monday, October 07, 2013

A relative easy hike from Tahoe Meadows to Marlette Lake Campground for an overnight. Day two crosses over Snow Valley Peak -- one of the best places to get a look at Lake Tahoe and the surrounding peaks. This 23-mile trek is a great one-night weekend backpacking trip -- fun for all!

Sunday, September 08, 2013

Trailhead starts at Tahoe meadows, then descends with some awesome technical parts. Marlette lake is gorgeous and very empty (you can't take a vehicle to it). North canyon creek road jets down for 8 miles, wide trail all flat, right to spooner. A lot of fun. Spooner is a let down compared to marlette. Real small and a ton of weeds.

Thursday, September 06, 2012