Stateline Lookout

Stateline Lookout is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Crystal Bay, Nevada that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice short loop with great views. We brought some sandwiches and had a nice lunch while looking at the lake.

Amazing views!

We did this on our honeymoon, I was in a car accident about a month before and had back injuries so I couldn't do anything crazy but this was perfect and beautiful!

Fantastic views over Lake Tahoe.

Short steep walk with a great view at the top! It’s a paved trail that allows dogs. You can see the lake the whole time. Beautiful!

Breathtaking view, a must one to hike!

Beautiful views, short steep climb up, loop with view points , many people with dogs on leashes

Go just before sunset for breathtaking views!

Easy and quick. Great views at the top.

Beautiful view and good for kids! Kind of hard to find the trailhead but worth it! Even in May we hiked through snow!

I do not know if I would call this a hike, it is more of a walk. The trail is paved with asphalt.
Has spectacular views and I would like to return in the winter.

Awesome view

It's all uphill but the views are amazing!! 7,017 feet elevation. There's a bathroom at the top too.

This trail is awesome!! We loved it for a a nice short hike with an awesome view. It’s a steep climb uphill to the “lookout loop” but it’s a nice paved road that is easy to stop along and take in the view. Once you are up at the top it’s a nice loop with information stands and benches along the perimeter of it! Honestly if I lived closer I would trail run this often or bring my dogs like the many other hikers I see. Great place to take friends in town that want an easy hike and a nice view!

Liked learning about Lake Tahoe from the education circle. Definitely a stroll and not a hike. Good views.

We arrived about 12n, so looked for a quick hike near Carnelian Bay, CA. This was perfect. Rated moderate for the incline up to the lookout. We began the hike at 1:30p and were back down at 3:30p, but you can choose to spend less time, if you want. The views were magnificent. We made a great choice.

Paved fire road with moderate elevation gain. The view at the top is beautiful. We did the hike with a 3 year old and an 8 month old (strapped into a kid carrier). The view is great, but the hike itself is nothing special.

We walked this trail with kids (10-13yo) and enjoyed it. Not hard but not a super easy. It's a nice paved trail with scenic and informative stops towards the top.

This was a nice hike/walk with the family. We had kids ranging from 3-16yrs of age and all were able to do this hike. Beautiful views of the lake at the top and was happy to see restrooms at the top.

Easy family friendly hike with stunning scenery. It is important to note that you are walking on paved trail.

Great hike with rewarding views of the lake when you reach the top. I was vacationing with family and my parents (who are in their late sixties and don't go hiking) were able to do this hike. The climb up was pushing their abilities, but they were really happy that they went!

Short and steep hike but worth it. Beautiful vistas!

It was a easy hike with an amazing view of Lake Tahoe. There were signs that told the the history of the discovery of Lake Tahoe.

Short hike but great panoramic view of lake.

Very easy hike with a paved road to a couple great lookout points. If you walk to the trailhead from the village there is a considerable hill that you need to walk up to get there, but you can drive to the trailhead and park. Great for everyone and super short.

I loved hiking this trail this morning! The parking is just where you can fit on the side of the road and the entrance is not labeled with a sign, but still obvious as a blocked off road.
The beginning is a significant incline but with plenty of space and shade to hide in for breaks as needed. Every once in a while there was a large enough break in the trees for a great view of the lake.
Once most of the way up we found a smaller paved trail off to the left and took that for a marvelous loop around with great views and interpretive signs. We ended up right back where we had originally left the road, but we also passed up probably ten side trails that could have been explored.
I went with my parents who are in their 70's but still very active and they said this hike was perfect for them, just took it slow on the way down for their knees.

Really easy and beautiful hike. There are a few "off" trails that are fun to explore and still see how beautiful the lake is. Pretty heavy traffic, but not bothersome. It's only a little steep at the beginning, but not too much.

We parked at the bottom, at the Tahoe Biltmore, not knowing there was parking at the top of the hill. A little extra exercise, and a beautiful view! Paved trail all the way. Great hike.

Great views, worth all the huffing and puffing going uphill!