Stanley B Springs Trail

Stanley B Springs Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This hike was really fun. I took my six-year-old grandson and we were so excited when we found the first mine. When you arrive to the end of the trail and there is a metal sign posted on the big tree in front of you saying the owner of the mind you’re going to go right to get to the first mine which is a short distance. My understanding is the second mine is further up but you have to crossover a lot of debris and we chose not to do that. On the next trip we’re going to veer to the left at the mine sign on the tree
and follow the second spring up.

Awesome hike! Nice trail that has few people on it.

Great trail and hike to help beat the heat of Las Vegas. Took 4 adults and 6 kids ranging in age from 3-16. They all did great. Many places to stop along the way.

Beautiful hike! Perfect for dogs and kids❤️

Great trail. More of an incline than from the description. Beautiful beautiful. Did this with my 8 month old on my back.

As good as it gets. Great cardio. Awesome views. And a little price at the end of the trail.

Nice hike, steady climb after steep start, good shade. Two tiny springs at top still flowing. Great place to beat Vegas heat!

Nice short trail, lots of trees and shade. Occasional creeks with running water.

Great, easy trail! Short but very nice and scenic. I was able to get to both mines without any problem. February 11th, 2018.

it was windy and cold out early this morning it made for a nice hike, we only saw one other person. the hike was easy enough, my 8 year old did it. We did pick up trash on the way out and there is graffiti on the first part of the trail

This is a great low traveled hike. Easy trail, lots of nature. End up at a pretty good spring. We didn't find the caves/mines, was to overgrown.

Simple hike up a stream bed and back. It's fine, but no view at the top.

Great hike, super quiet trail. My kids (4 & 7) were both able to enjoy this one.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Nice scenic trail with beautiful wild flowers, especially near the spring. We saw a deer and several butterflies.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Fun trail. It gets steeper the higher you go, with a fair number of large fallen trees across the trail up there too. Followed the right canyon past the mines, and up to the top on the right, about 8836'. Great views into the top of Fletcher Canyon, of Mummy's Toe, Griffith Peak, Harris Peak, and Fletcher Peak.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

May through October I usually see lots of dear on the beginning of this trail in the morning hours. This trail is a bit less traveled than the others in the immediate area. Maybe due to the parking and no actual trail head.

Multiple starting points that all lead to an old mining site. Bat habitat in the right canyon, and a year round spring on the left canyon. On old site where a cabin was located. Which was washed away in a flood. Very little remnants.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

The trail wasn't marked and it was hard to tell where it started so we started where the cars were parked and went up the revine. A little difficult with the hills but wasn't bad. Not much to see at the end but overall had a fun time!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

It was a decent hike. If you hike often and are use to hiking up hill then you'll be fine. In the beginning it does slope up and it levels out in some places. I did a decent job with a 2 year old in my hiker. Went all the way to first mine. Not much to see. The place where you see the sign for the mine is a nice little place to chill and have a snack. Overall, just a simple hike with a nice view on some parts but not all.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

It was good hike. I had my puppy with me and he did very well jumping on the rocks up hill.

Sunday, November 29, 2015