Spooner Lake Trail

Spooner Lake Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glenbrook, Nevada that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

skiing

Great for kids of all ages. Very serene. We were able to push our disabled daughter in her wheelchair along this path.

easy loop trail around Spooner Lake

Pretty trail with the leaves yellow. Steepest climb is to and from parking off of Hwy 50, otherwise around the lake is mostly level. Got a little muddy from melting snow that is recent.

One of the earlier reviews mentioned this trail was accessible by wheelchairs or strollers. I took that to mean that motorized scooters would also be accessible, and that is not really the case. It IS a nice little, easy trail around the lake, and very enjoyable. But there were four different places my Dad had to get off the scooter and I had to CARRY the thing over some rocks and roots. This would have been no problem if there was someone else with me to help, but doing it by myself was a pain. It also helped that my Dad had enough mobility to get past these obstacles himself, but just barely. Again, a nice hike, nice view, a pleasant way to spend an hour, and easy, but be aware that it is not scooter (or wheelchair) accessible.

Family hiking spot. Makes us very happy people

Nice Flat hike with beautiful views and meadows. Some nice memorial benches along the way.