Skunk Harbor

Skunk Harbor is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Carson City, Nevada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

The hike was nice. The bugs aren't bad yet (but I figure their coming). Great day, breezy, easy hike.

The parking might be an issue as the season progresses.

The lake is still extremely cold, so don't dip your toes in too long.

You haven't seen lake Tahoe until you've seen Skunk harbor!

My hands down favorite area of Lake Tahoe. I went twice in the last year and got very lucky to have to whole cove to myself for a couple hours. The key is getting here early to beat the crowds because by mid morning, this little cove has been known to turn into a party zone.
It's a very easy stroll to the cove. A little harder going back up due to the incline, but still not bad. My dogs were able to accompany me so feel free to bring yours.
There's no sign or official parking lot. Look for the turn off just past the gate to the service road. The turn off will hold maybe 8-10 cars if everyone gets creative. So get here early.

I'm at a SSR