Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Silver Willow Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Reno, Nevada that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 226 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Note: Users report that as of April 14, 2019, a closed sign has been put at the trail head by the neighborhood association.

It’s a nice, beautiful trail but it is really hot. It’s best to do it towards the evening when it cools down.

Easy walk, dogs on leash - overall a nice path. Some cool retaining rock walls along the way.

Quite out and back, paved. Nice little walk for a neighborhood.

Paved road, barley any incline, very well kept. Next to golf course with nice views. Went with my parents so it took us longer then average but it was very easy and pleasant

Easy walk with the kids.

Took out a late lunch with kids to this trail. Ate and just did a little jaunt. Next time kids want to bring bikes! It was quiet, clean and easy for all ages! Even wheel chair friendly since it’s paved.

Stroller and wheelchair accessible with a grade. It is so nice to see a trail with a decent incline that is ADA accessible. A beautiful canyon that meanders from somersett to the bottom. I am coming back for a sunset walk. Some trees, some golf course and beautiful high desert chaparral.

Wanted to try this trail today and it was closed. I don't know if it is just today or for longer. The sign did not say. Disappointed!

Fun little trail. Downhill for first mile, then steep climb back up. Good for a quick walk with my dog.

Sun May 05 2019

All paved, fun for kids to ride bikes/scooters. lizards, birds, snakes.

Sun Apr 14 2019

Tried to hike this trail on 4/14, but there was a “Closed” sign, put up by the neighborhood association.

Sun Mar 17 2019

Pretty view. Pretty drive to get there. Not crowded, nice people. Trail is paved, a little muddy. Downhill all the way, stopped and turned around at the disgusting sewage spill that’s everywhere. Pretty steep uphill, great workout. Lovely scenic views from the top. It’s in a neighborhood, we parked on the side of the street.

Tue Nov 13 2018

Pretty walk. Wouldn’t really call it a hike since the whole trail is paved. It goes straight downhill and then straight back uphill. FYI, there was a sewage spill, or something,on the trail. You can walk around it. And I’m sure it’ll be cleaned up but just a heads up :)

Mon Oct 08 2018

Just did this one with my kids and pup!!

Mon Jun 11 2018

Lovely scenery and paved trail. It's downhill out and uphill back, so be prepared for the elevation gain to be all on the back half. On our way back we ran into a bobcat on the middle of the trail, but they just moved along on their way, as did we. The middle part of the trail kinda had the sulfurous smell of sewage, which wasn't great when you were breathing heavily uphill.

Sun Jun 10 2018

very easy and beautiful, saw a deer, and multiple wild flowers.

Sat Jun 09 2018

Nice trail, well maintained. Loved the stream, and yes, it is all downhill on the way in, and uphill on the way back. I am not in shape and I handled this just fine. I saw a deer on the mountain and heard coyotes in the rocky hills above about 2/3 the way in. Very cool.

Sat Jun 02 2018

nice paved path. All down hill until the end, and then be prepared for the climb back up! Did this with my one year old and he did great. Found a golf ball and he threw it to the bottom of the trail so there was motivation for him. Very nicely maintained. Lots of lizards on the rock wall. And we saw one snake slithering in there for a nap or a snack too.

Wed May 09 2018

Thought this would be good for my son and I to ride bikes on. Sucks it’s all downhill then you gotta pedal all the way up. Beautiful views all along the trail though can’t complain about that.

Mon Apr 02 2018

Being my first “trail” in Nevada perhaps I’m a bit biased...I thought it was beautiful and I very much enjoyed it. It was an easy walk for me and the perfect challenge for my one and three year olds.

Sun Jan 28 2018

Neat, close to town paved trail. Different starting out going down hill. The canyon is fairly narrow, so it doesn't get any sun early in the morning. Small stream next to the trail for the second 2/3rds for a pleasant sound. Neat retaining walls along the past that must have cost a fortune!

Sat Jan 06 2018

As other indicated - this is a very pleasant walk down into the canyon. Small creek running the trail is nice. Plenty of benches to sit and rest. It’s all uphill coming back. There’s a small picnic table not to far from the top (starting point). If you’re tired on the way back, be sure to rest there. From the picnic table back to the start is the steepest part of the hike...and, no more resting benches.

Sun Dec 10 2017

This is a really nice walk. All paved with a small creek running along side. It was 31 degrees this morning but beautiful in the canyon. One spot with some ice, but it was flagged. Excellent beginner walk or just a nice easy walk for others. Only met two other folks as we walked this morning.

Fri Nov 24 2017

It was a nice walk, but the hike back up was hard. Having done a lot of hiking since I broke my ankle last winter. But it will get easier with time

Sat Nov 04 2017

Super easy hike for you people in Northwest Reno. All down to the turnaround and all up to the starting point. The trail is 100% paved which is nice during the rainy season.

Thu Jul 13 2017

Sun Jun 11 2017

Nice paved trail, the creek was flowing so provided a nice background of sound. Easy walk, all downhill to the end than a nice gradual uphill on the way back. Plenty of benches if one needed a rest. Your walking in the valley with the hills on both sides of you. I would consider this a leisure walk, not a hike.

Fri Jun 02 2017

Very peaceful and beautiful. Full of life and just what I needed.

Sun Feb 26 2017

Enjoyed the hike with s the snow around.