Sierra Canyon and Genoa Falls Loop

Sierra Canyon and Genoa Falls Loop is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Genoa, Nevada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

So I did the loop, map days 9 miles but my Fitbit says 11. I did it counter clockwise. Trail is super well established. Didn’t feel like I got great payoff for views, mostly ruined but towns in the valley below. Hot and dusty but decent shade to rest in. I did NOT enjoy the switch back going down from the canyon- narrow and steep drop offs got my nerves up, but I made it. Waterfall was small. Loved all the sugar pines though!

April may be a bit early to hike this trail: still a lot of snow near the summit, but a fantastic hike nonetheless!

Really enjoyable on a cloudy day in May- not too hot. Not a dull trail, always changing and new things to see. Genoa saloon right on the way back!

Great hike above #Genoa. Excellent trail. Waterfall.

Took my 6 month old for an adventure in my backpack. Encountered lots of snow on the northern facing slopes.

Great exercise on this trail especially when you start on the south end. Very beautiful trail! Waterfall. Great scenery of the Carson Valley as well.