Secret Canyon Trail

Secret Canyon Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Boulder City, Nevada that features hot springs and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

rock climbing

hot springs

The canyon ends at the Colorado River, just across the river from Gold Strike Canyon.  There is a "hot" spring that feeds into the Colorado...but, sometimes it is not so hot. This canyon a also unique since the last rappel must be ascended to get out of the canyon...a good opportunity for canyoneers to practice their ascending skills.

rock climbing

A nice and scenic hike. Starts off with a little bit of bouldering and ends up at a 60’ rappel. So bring a rope. I️ used a 150’ of 11mm static rope and I️t worked out perfectly. After you descend you walk about 20 yards to another 15’ or so rappel to get to the hot springs. As we hiked we came across no other hikers and there was no trash or debris along the route. I️ highly recommend any beginner canyoneers or anyone looking to get their first step into the rope world try this hike out. You won’t be disappointed.

there is no longer access to the river. You get to within about a few hundred yards I imagine, and then you get to where a rope MIGHT have been, before an insane drop off (at least 30 ft). It looks like there may have been a rope here before, and even if there was, this is some expert-level stuff. The walk there is nice, but you don't get to even see the river at the end. Do not take this Trail. You will be disappointed. Not worth the required effort. Also, the hot springs have dried up.

This is not an easy trail. Although I would do it again and again. A quick stop at a hot springs and then we ended at the river.