Relay Peak Trail

Relay Peak Trail is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Incline Village, Nevada that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hiked this trail today but instead of going to Relay I turned a half mile before and took the trail to Mt Houghton which is .75 to top. This a wonderfully designed trail to Houghton with terrific low growing flowers and lichen cover rock. Majestic views in all directions. For the ambitious hiker you can do three 10000' peaks in one hike: Mt Rose, Mt Houghton, and Relay. Check out today's photos

This was a great trail that my wife and I spontaneously hiked. Bring water!
We went at the end of July 2017 and the wildflowers were every where. Just amazing! This is wide fire road hike until you get to the snow line below Relay Peak. We hiked all the way to the building at the summit. We didn't hike the the last half mile to the peak because we hit our cut off time to meet our kids. But, my wife put the peak on our bucket list.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Hiked this about a month ago with my dog and I really liked the trail. Traffic thins out by the waterfall since most people go to mount rose. There is not a lot of shade though so do this one early,especially if you bring your dog.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

It was great. No sign of snow anywhere. Great signage along the trail. I really liked that you get cell coverage the entire way. Especially if you are hiking alone and may need some help.
I am so glad I brought my poles cause you need them!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

There is still plenty of snow. We made it about 3/4 before the snow was too much and we turned back. Still a lovely hike.

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Started at the Mt Rose Summit parking lot and climbed to Mt Houghton first (10,500 ft) before heading another 2 miles towards Relay Peak. Amazing 360 degree views!!!

Friday, July 24, 2015

Took the road route in and up to the top and came out through Galena Creek and the Mt. Rose Trail. Good views in all directions. Hiked out with a couple of guys from New Brunswick who had just finished up the Western States 100...seriously hardcore...

Thursday, April 23, 2015