Relay Peak Trail

Relay Peak Trail is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Incline Village, Nevada that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is best used from June until October.

Hiked this about a month ago with my dog and I really liked the trail. Traffic thins out by the waterfall since most people go to mount rose. There is not a lot of shade though so do this one early,especially if you bring your dog.

It was great. No sign of snow anywhere. Great signage along the trail. I really liked that you get cell coverage the entire way. Especially if you are hiking alone and may need some help.
I am so glad I brought my poles cause you need them!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

There is still plenty of snow. We made it about 3/4 before the snow was too much and we turned back. Still a lovely hike.

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Started at the Mt Rose Summit parking lot and climbed to Mt Houghton first (10,500 ft) before heading another 2 miles towards Relay Peak. Amazing 360 degree views!!!

Friday, July 24, 2015

Took the road route in and up to the top and came out through Galena Creek and the Mt. Rose Trail. Good views in all directions. Hiked out with a couple of guys from New Brunswick who had just finished up the Western States 100...seriously hardcore...

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Monday, November 10, 2014

Friday, October 26, 2012

It is pretty hard but I'm 11 and I did it it leads to a high looking point where you can see a pond but you are buy a power thing

Friday, July 06, 2012

This is a rough hike. Total out and back is 10.5 miles, with 5,020 feet are climbing elevation. Starting at 8,400 Feet the peak is 10,300, so about 3000 feet of vertical, but the view at the top is monumental. The scenery on the trail is spectacular. Carry plenty on water and plan lunch at the top.

Thursday, July 05, 2012